ONVIF Protocol

Need ONVIF compliant and usable with 3rd party software like Blue Iris.

Agree is needed

4 Likes

Having the ability to connect with other NVR manufacturer would be GREAT!

2 Likes

+1 from me. ONVIF support would make it easier to integrate with systems like Home Assistant

2 Likes

Once ONVIF is supported, I will expand my Wyze camera setup to at least 9-10 more cameras!

6 Likes

ONVIF support would help people integrate into home automation platforms. 1+

2 Likes

1+ I need to use with nvr from Lorex

I agree ONVIF would be nice. Then I could set up surveillance station.

1 Like

I agree

Yes to ONVIF…please.

2 Likes

They have it. RTSP mode. It’s easy as cake to do

Thanks I tried it. It works great, and than it stops working…not sure what the issue is. It’s very random it just stops working. Also pan and tilt won’t work using Blue Iris in RTSP mode . I am at the outer limits of my technical abilities as it is, so anything that makes it easier is welcome.

Edit: So I may have found what was causing my issues with Blue Iris. I have an Asus router and apparently there is a really easy fix which involves “airtime fairness”…so far so good.

1 Like

Yep, this is the direction I like to see the WYZE Cams going. I’ve bought one to try out but I can’t fit it into my current system that uses P2P/UID/ONVIF. The Wyze cam is just an odd ball security cam that won’t work with my phone app HiCam or Windows HiP2P app so I just keep it monitoring the lesser important areas of my home. I have 2 homes to monitor so the P2P access makes it so convenient relative to what I have to change on the routers and firewalls. Recently I’m seeing a need to babymonitor my aging relatives; meaning more cams to monitor in the future.
It would be fantastic if the WYZE cams could add these components. My replacement security cams are now in the $31 range for 1080p 2mp P2P OnVIF RTSP wifi & ethernet. It’s just so close to WYZE cam V2 costs that I’m tempted to replace everything but I’d loose my android phone access to the cams when I’m away from the local lan of each home. Recording for 14 secs for each event has not been good enough for me since my RTSP continous NVR recording was able to capture the entire incident of some breaking into my house.
The Wyze Products all seem to be very promising! Please keep up the upgrades!

2 Likes

ONVIF is a must.

1 Like

Down below you see Suggested Topics. The first is ONVIF Compliant. Did WYZE notice the number of views? It’s 3.9k !!!

Why are we fooling around with this? If WYZE doesn’t want to do it, try something else.

5 Likes

ONVIF support is the single most useful thing Wyze could do to open up their devices for use on just about every other device imaginable. ONVIF is a universal protocol for IP cameras. It blows my mind that this wasn’t one of the first things they did in development.

4 Likes

RTSP is not the same as ONVIF. Not even close.

4 Likes

Can you elaborate on your fix?

Sorry it took so long to reply. This is what I did to fix most of my connectivity problems with my Asus router, RTSP and Blue Iris. I still get drop outs, and have to reset Wyze cam using the Wyze app, in order for it to work on BI. But it is much more stable now. Having to reset the Wyze Cams with the app, is the only reason I have them connected to the internet. Otherwise they work fine without being connected.

1 Like

Just a thought but trying to break into the home security and monitoring space this feature would greatly expand the usability and desirability of the camera products.

With features that support the integration with existing NVR’s, other systems and software Blue Iris for example the market would only get larger. Sure you have to find a way to monetize the product but adding ONVIF would not significantly cut into that profit center. Sure a few power users would use their own equipment but their word of mouth to those who are not interesting in that level of system would more than make up for the loss of their subscription. Just think about the math, so I use my NVR but tell the 4 family members they can have a whole system for what it costs for a Nest or Ring or Arlo etc. and they’ll use this system any day. They might not get every subscription but by being more accessible the brand only grows and grows.

With a legit bridge that works with the sensors to get into the home automation space this brand would be killing it.

Thus far I think the company has hit the mark on trying to create a product that is simple, easy to use and at an awesome price point. The cameras will be stocking stuffers this year for sure.