Only getting 12 second video clips

Hello, can anyone advise me on why I am only getting 12 second video clips even though I have the motion detection set to “record events” to the local storage on the installed sd card? Thanks in advance.

The cloud clips and SD card recordings are different, separate and independent. 12-second cloud clips are set up in Camera Settings > Event Recording and played back from the Events tab.

SD Card recording is set up in Camera Settings > Advanced Settings > Local Recording and played back by tapping the View Playback button under the live stream frame for each camera. You will not get any notifications based purely on SD card recording.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you for that information. I think I get it now.

Appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

Jeff

1 Like

This answer is copied from my reply to someone elses question but it is also a long-winded answer for your question too. :slight_smile:

MicroSD cards larger than 32GB are able to work in these cameras., However:
I made a mistake on the type I bought and am writing this to prevent someone else from making the same mistake.
I bought 3 “Samsung 64GB MicroSDXC EVO Plus Memory Card (MB-MC64GA)” and was able to format them using the cameras. Then I found out this was NOT THE BEST CHOICE of Memory Cards.
Due to the non-stop writing these cameras do, you should use a Card made for this purpose.
The BEST Memory Card to buy for our purpose is the “Samsung PRO Endurance”. These will supposedly last 5 years the way we use them.
Another good one would be “Sandisk High Endurance”.
Not sure how long the EVOs will last but from now on I am buying the High Endurance Samsungs.
Also, there is no need to remove these cards once in the camera unless they die. When the card fills up it just deletes the oldest clips. So, similar to the rolling 14 days you have on the cloud, you have a rolling playback on your card. It’s also a great idea to take a look every now and then to make sure they are still recording. If not, replace.
Just a suggestion but the setup arrangement that works best for me is to set the camera to “Continuous Recording”, “Motion Tagging”, “Detects Motion”, “Send Push Notifications”, “Schedule: All Day”, and “Timestamp Watermark” turned on.
Now when you receive a notification that you have had motion, you can take a look at the 12-second clip. If its a bug, move on. If its something else, you will likely want to see more than 12 seconds. Make note of the time it happened. You can then click “View Playback” and dig down to that time and see everything before and after that 12 seconds.
This works best for me. Hope this helps someone else.
Happy videoing!

1 Like

Thank you Tom. That is great info. Appreciate it bro.

" You can then click “View Playback” and dig down to that time and see everything before and after that 12 seconds."

Sounds like there should be a button for that ! - i.e to link the cloud clip time directly to the SD card clip
Rather than having to scroll backwards and forwards thru the playback screen

Here’s the Wishlist topic where you can vote for just that:

Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top.