On/Off Toggles/Schedule for Wyze Sense sensors

Here’s my problem. I have a Wifi siren that I am triggering from Wyze Sense, and cameras, through IFTTT. Because it’s not possible to create IFTTT Applets for Wyze shortcuts or groups, I must create a separate IFTTT Applet for each camera, motion sensor, and contact sensor (a real pain) and then each of the Applets must be toggled on for the siren to work. When I am home, I can turn my cameras off (via shortcuts), so they don’t trigger IFTTT (and the Siren). However, since there is no way to prevent the Sense devices from sending triggers to IFTTT, then I must turn off each of the IFTTT Applets, one-by-one, to prevent the siren from sounding. The same problem occurs for sense devices that are set to record video clips on cameras that stay on (i.e. my outside cameras). When I am home, the cameras are continuously recording clips which are being sent to the cloud – flooding Wyze servers and using up network bandwidth and filling my events tab.

There needs to be a way (On/OFF toggle) to prevent the sense devices from sending triggers to IFTTT and the Wyze Android app.

Extremely helpful if the app had a fast one-click “Pause Alerts” button or options for, Pause Alerts, Pause Alerts 10 min., Pause Alerts 30min.

Hi JLhumbertm,

I am new to this area of IFTTT Applets. Is there a guide book you can point me to? It appears that I must provide a Facebook account or Twitter account to have access. Is there a way around this requirement? I have neither a Facebook account nor a Twitter account and it is going to stay that way. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Stellar

1 Like

@Stellar, You should be able to create an IFTTT account using your email address and password (that’s what I did - see screenshot). As far as how to use IFTTT, it’s fairly simple – just search YouTube and the Web for tutorials (there are many).

Screenshot%202019-07-16-000

Thanks jlhumbert for the direction.

I took part of your code and now I get an error message that I cannot resolve. You can tell me to pound sand, you do not debug code, and I will understand. But, if you have a minute look at the image below. I am at a loss about the error. The brackets are balanced. JavaScript is new to me. I am an old Assembly code and Fortran programmer. Cut my teeth on an IBM 705 (vacuum tube system). Old dogs and new tricks do not always go as planed. Thanks for the assistance if you can… enjoy the day. Wyze products are great and going in the right direction.

Stellar

Hi Stellar,

I did not post any code, but I’m assuming you’re referring to the code example that rick.gardner posted above. I haven’t used Javascript in many years but, if I remember correctly, anything on the same line after the double slashes “//” is interpreted as a comment. So in the example that you posted, the “else” command is commented out. Try putting the comments on a line by themselves like shown in this example below. Hope this helps!!

var currentHour = Meta.currentUserTime.hour()
if (currentHour >= 18 || currentHour < 5) {
// Run the applet
} else {
// Skip the action
Ewelink.plugs4Action.skip()
}

Hi jlhumbert,

Thank you for your assistance. I will see if that does the job. I need to start getting smart on JavaScript. Yet another new language to learn, ugh. At my age the gray cells do not snap like the use to, but they still work and I know my name so it can’t be all bad. Thank again.

Stellar

Hello jlhumbert,

Thank you, thank you. It works.

Great work around until Wyze publishes a scheduler function of their own.

I owe you a beer or two….

Stellar

1 Like

Just like the ability to schedule event recording with the cameras, I would like to disable motion sensor (sensor part of sense) during certain times in the day.

Thanks
–Todd

2 Likes