On/Off Toggles/Schedule for Wyze Sense sensors

In the short term that is acceptable but in the long term I prefer to be able to turn off the bridge that is plugged into the back of my camera so all sensors do not report. It is particularly troublesome that I have to unplug the camera to turn off the bridge.

You don’t have to turn off the camera, you can just unplug the bridge. I have not tested it but I’m sure it will work.

That would work for me! Now that we can group the sensors, it would be nice to have a button on the group (Like we do for the cameras), to toggle notifications on and off.

1 Like

You can do that for all the devices under Create a Shortcut–>Actions–>Create new action
But I can’t find how to do it for a group.
Candidate for wishlist.

Many times I am away and want to turn on or off as desired. Having to physically remove the bridge is not acceptable work around to the app being able to turn off the bridge.

Does anyone know an IFTTT way to do this?

Notification from the sensors should work on a schedule similar to the way the cameras do. You should be able to set the time during the day that you want notification recorded and sent. I want my door contact sensors to record during the night but not every time I go through the door during the day. Just to much data!

Are there any plans to add a time schedule for sense? When i know my family is home I don’t need to get spam saying there is motion.

It would also be helpful if we could turn individual and Grouped sensors On/Off (i.e., do not sense) rather than just turning Notifications for those sensors On/Off.

@Bosstackett4… That’s exactly what this topic would accomplish. By adding Sense to the action options for Shortcuts, you can then use the Automate by Time option to create a schedule.

At a minimum, we really need shortcut options for ‘all sensors’ and ‘all cameras’, rather than only only individual devices and ‘all notification’. However PREFERABLY, the ability to group combinations of any devices we choose into one custom shortcut button would be incredible. Thanks!

1 Like

I agree. And of course adding those controls as IFTTT actions would be great. This would allow geofencing to activate the motion sensor notifications when I leave the house.

Yes that would do the trick. I assumed that the Shortcuts would work on the sensors the same as they do with the camera(s) when I preordered the Wyze Sense starter kit in early April. I need an automated scheduling of alerts, especially for the PIR motion sensor, I had to disable it for now because my phone was constantly lighting up with notifications. But some sensors, I want to ALWAYS get notifications from such as the Garage Overhead Door being left open.

The ability to arm and disarm the motion detectors and contact points just like an alarm system would be very helpful. This would keep you from getting all of the alerts when you are home and moving around the house.

1 Like

To keep things simple, scheduling the Wyze Sense sensors would help me a great deal. I integrate my sensors with Hue using IFTTT to automate the lights in my apartment.

Sorry Hue, but for the cost of your motion sensor, I got a camera and a Wyze Sense starter pack!

I use the motion sensors to toggle the kitchen and bedroom on and off when I enter/exit those areas, and I use a contact sensor to turn on and off the bathroom lights depending on if the bathroom door is open or closed.

The problem is, I want to turn the sensors off after bed time so when I get up at night, I’m not blasted by the configured light settings that I use during the day. I have an Amazon Echo button by my bedside that runs an excellent routine to provide a night light. I’d like to disable the sensors after my bed time routine starts so it isn’t interrupted.

Currently, I place a teacup over the sensor and that works for now.

I know the Sensors are new, so I am only voting for this one item since it would help me the most. Keep up the great work!

4 Likes

It would be nice if we could turn notifications on/off for specific sensors and cams via IFTTT so I don’t need to get door notifications while I am at home but still can receive notifications if my freezer is left open.

You can do this with the new App that released this week. Turning Notifications on/off has been included in the Shortcuts for the Sense products. Update the App, and then all you need to do is create a shortcut to turn notifications off at the time of day you want, and then create another shortcut to turn them back on at another scheduled time.

if you read my message, I want to do it via IFTTT because I only want some notifications if I am not home. I don’t want to manually turn them on/off individually and thing in shortcuts isn’t automation. I don’t leave on a schedule so scheduling doesn’t work.

The app shortcut disables all notifications. I don’t want that.

1 Like

I can see where scheduling Would be A great thing for a lot of people .
But scheduling For cams or sensors is pretty much useless to me

I would love this!

1 Like

Don’t forget to go up to the top left and vote