"On/Off" scheduling?

tips-and-tricks

Any way to schedule times for camera to be On or Off completely? I want to record our bedroom when we’re not home. I don’t need a motion tracking pan/tilt camera following me (watching me) while I’m dancing around the room in my wife’s thongs!

The best way would be get a smartplug that supports IFTTT, then use that to turn the cameras off completely. As a bonus, if the cams ever need a reset, you can do that remotely as well.

IFTTT smartplugs aren’t that expensive either, seen them for $8.

That makes it impossible for the cam to operate, since the power is off.
The “soft off” can turn on again, as other people have reported.

Yes it’s in there, it’s just buried a little. Go into 'Shortcuts > Edit > Tasks > '+’ > ‘Device actions’ > Select your device and pick the action you want, and set trigger to a schedule you specify.

That’d make a good “Captured on Wyze” entry!

Awesome Sauce! Thanks!

Any reason why the action “turn on/off all device notifications” does not work?

I still get motion/sound notifications.

If I select the specific device and choose “turn off motion detection” then they will stop.

LOL, loved reading your question. My wife had suggested the bedroom so she can “keep an eye on the cats” (yes, she is a crazy cat lady) But I nixed the suggestion because “some things cannot be unseen”.

Amen Brother.

I’d like a way to automatically pan my Cam Pan cameras when I’m home so I have a visual reinforcement that they’re not recording anything.
Be a nice feature to add such a command just to “go full left” or right. :slight_smile:

If you are not already using the Pan Scan feature, you could set that up with one waypoint that is full left or right. Then you could turn on Pan Scan and turn off motion tracking when you’re at home and it would essentially lock the camera in that position. You could set up these actions as a single button in the shortcuts section of the app.