Offline; new router

I’ve been trying to find the WiFi settings options so that I can connect with my new router. Do I need to uninstall my Android app and start from scratch or can I make the change in the app?

You don’t need to uninstall anything.
You can either chsnge the SSID and Password on your new router to match the old one or;
Add the cameras to the app like you did when you first got them. Give sames names that they have now.

I would change the router settings.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your response.

I have several devices already configured to work with my new router so I don’t think the first option is a good one, but the second one sounds doable. But to clarify, do you mean I need to disconnect my camera altogether which brings the question; how do I do that) then start over; as in “Add a Product”?

btw I wish WYZE would abandon the pretty abut VERY difficult to read pale green color. I can barely read setting options!

Yep, to add your devices to the new router you need to do the add a product and go through the QR code scan and all. If your cameras were already installed, no need to delete them, just add new product.

3 Likes

Ok, Thanks again for you help, I really appreciate it!

I agree on the horrid app colors.
There is a wishlist for Dark Mode.
Go vote.:slightly_smiling_face:
https://forums.wyze.com/t/app-dark-theme-mode/8439

1 Like

Thanks, I added my vote!

1 Like

If you’re on Android, enable “Developer Mode”, then select “Force Dark Mode” … that will force Dark Mode for app(s) that don’t adhere to it.

1 Like

Force Dark Mode is only available on Android 10+.

Thanks, but this option appears to be universal, not just for my WYZE app.

I know and it’s not great with some apps.