Offline Hub for Wyze Ecosystem

Realizing that no one likes a collection of hubs for all their various smart home devices I think it would be nice to have an “offline” hub available for times where the systems are experiencing downtime or in the case Wyze would cease to exist (hopefully not the case).

Would like it to be able to manage rules, schedules, sensor inputs from Sense etc. and sync with the Wyze cloud network.

MODERATOR NOTE:

For future reference, please search the #wishlist and #roadmap categories before submitting a new #wishlist topic. Use these links to search each category:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

You can now hop on over to the merged topic (see below) and VOTE for it. For your vote to count, you must click the VOTE button at the top of the page.

While I lack the programming skills to know how exactly something like this could be useful 1) as a redundancy to current systems and 2) to help alleviate the load on the Wyze systems by possibly having the hub do a portion of the cloudS work for those who purchase it.

To clarify by offline, I mean connected to the home network, and ready to take the place of the cloud for certain aspects. Not offline as in standalone.

It’s probably not the most popular item that will pop up here, but I think it would help solidify the investment some of us have made in Wyze systems as the company continues to grow.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze hub?