Official Wyze V3 Window Mount is Live (just hidden at time of writing)

Hello, People.
The best view from window-mounted V cameras is from its outside face. For those willing to go down that path, I would point you towards Mounting V2 on window post #54. This approach will provide a stay-in-place mount that will not peel away. However, if you don’t like using the magnets, the window contact part of the bracket (I call it the wall plate) can be made longer to accommodate more Command Tape. For further insurance, caulk the top and side edges of the window plate. Since the wall plate is opaque, there will be no UV damage to the Command Tape. A 3D-printed helmet could protect a V3 from direct rain damage. Check out My Wyze Cam V3 died in the rain post #39. The dog-leg bracket is the simplest and compact bracket there is. Once an aiming point is decided upon, the bracket will stay aimed. The aluminum bracket first linked above is aimed downward from the zenith 110° and from the right wall 70°.
Soon I will be posting a simple cardboard device to measure the horizontal and ver tical components of any line of aim. The two aim components along with the thickness of material to be used in a dog-leg bracket will be input into a spreadsheet that will be linked for your use. The spreadsheet to date calculates layout values for Simple Folded Dog-leg, Simple Folded Dog-Leg with Folded Stop, and a Folded Side Panel Support Dog-Leg bracket. Also, the spreadsheet outputs a 3D printable document that can be saved as an ASCII text with the .stl extension, see screen snip below. I am cleaning it up for prime time.
This screen snip of a print preview of a dog-leg ready to be printed and bent to its vertical angle or used as a marking-out template applied to sheet metal to be cut out and bent.

Victor Maletic.

2 Likes