November 11th Wyze Beta Update: 4.9.5.34

You’re welcome!

You just have to install/downgrade/flash the last stable firmware.

I tried this, didn’t make a difference for mine

@UserCustomerGwen: After having been through a significant amount of time with Tech Support, providing them the files they wanted and the answers they sought, they informed me that it appears that the firmware rendered the devices defective and they will replace them. But the first question they ask is are you in the US, because we only warantee the devices in the US… But I’m in Canada. So Wyze admittedly provides a firmware internationally (there is no disclaimer on the site, application, at the firmware update notification, nor at any other time warning that if it breaks you out of luck if not in the US) that broke my product, goes through a bunch of time providing support and feedback… You can see where I’m going with this…

I have 3 Cam Pans, and they are prompting me to upload an update…

Since I saw your message about firmware issues, I have not done the updates.

Please let me know when it is safe to run the update.

Thanks!

The beta update that they warned about was already pulled. It was only for people using the beta app, and since they pulled it, it’s not possible to accidentally install the update anymore. The one it’s prompting you about is the wide release that should be safe. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Several people, me included, are having loads of issues after the latest “safe” wide release. I wish I would have known about it. I suggest you wait until the next firmware update and skip this one.

6 of my 9 pan cams show that they are upgraded in bulk upgrades. When I go to each individual camera all show that they are upgraded and have the current upgraded revision. The three in bulk upgrades show upgrade failed and list the old revision number. Interesting. I guess that they were all upgraded and the three are not reporting correctly.

1 Like

Wow. I’m impressed. This was unfortunate but what a great proactive response by Wyze! This story is definitely going in my ‘Why you should buy a Wyze’ folder.

1 Like

We appreciate your support! But we’ll also work to make sure this never happens again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This happened to me I cannot download videos from notifications and all other sorts of problems. I got no email??

Hello @nbollinger07 and welcome to the community

The email went out to people whose cameras were bricked, they would not do anything. It sounds like you may have a different issue, but still an issue that needs resolved. What sorts of problems are you having and have you submitted a support ticket on the issues?

The latest update and software has turned my stable system into a nightmare. Cameras dropping connection, cameras connected but wont download. Everything was fine until the latest and Im tired. This weekend Im taking it all 6+ cameras offline and going back to my old system. I loved the picture quality of Wyze but its not worth the hassle. I need a stable system.

1 Like

@EddieZ2 We aren’t seeing widespread reports of this. Are you running the beta software or the new current production software?

Up to date software. Had car break-ins in my neighborhood this morning. They checked my cars which had a security light come on. The cameras did not pick it up. Another camera showed the security light coming on. I went to the other camera and started searching. Found a clip which I gave to the police but the cameras did not do what they used to do. Furthermore the application software, Apple platform is horrible compared to previous. I would pay for a software app that would highlight motion and allow me quick access without having to use Wyze servers. With the firmware on the camera and the app update, both have ruined an otherwise good setup. I can no longer count on this system.

1 Like

if you are running up to date you should be running app version V2.6.62 , v2 Firmware 4.9.5.36, Cam Pan Firmware 4.10.5.34

1 Like

Same thing as EddieZ72 said below and my firmware is up to date but my app version for android shows 2.6.42 even though it has latest update on google play from the 18th. See pictures attached.
The latest update and software has turned my stable system into a nightmare. Cameras dropping connection, cameras connected but wont download. Etc…

Show quoted text

Regards,

Nick Bollinger

The current public version is 2.6.42 so you are up to date, have you submitted a support ticket for the issues yet.

Nope not yet as others seem to be having same problem.

Regards,

Nick Bollinger

Even if many are having the same problem I would submit a support with logs in the app, the more logs they have the better chance at finding the issue.

1 Like

How do i add the logs?

Regards,

Nick Bollinger