Notifications....where are you?

I have an iPhone XS Max and a Wyze V2
:white_check_mark: In phone settings, app notifications enabled
:white_check_mark:In Wyze app, under account, “send notifications” enabled.
:white_check_mark: Bell in upper right corner, no line through it.
:white_check_mark:Under camera settings, “send notifications” enabled.
:white_check_mark:I am receiving 12 second clips under “Events”
:white_check_mark:Restarted Camera
:white_check_mark:Deleted and re-added camera.
:white_check_mark:AT MY WITS END!!
Please help.

1 Like

About the only thing I would add is Force close the Wyze app and maybe restart your phone. It sounds like your settings are correct. I have seen cases in iOS with multiple apps where all I have done is turn a setting off then back on and magically it would start to work.

Under camera settings, in addition to Send Notifications enabled, do you also have at least one of the event types enabled (e.g., Motion)?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve since deleted and re-installed the app, forced closed and re-flipped the toggles. No bueno.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, but yes, I have it set to person and everything else but no sound. I’ve submitted a ticket to Wyze. I’m stumped.

1 Like

They’ll probably have you uninstall the app and data and reinstall. Would love to hear what the resolution is to your problem.

4 Likes

To be sure; person detection doesn’t work unless motion detection is also enabled.

Boom! I took your advice. I deleted the device then deleted app (which I had done already separately) and started from scratch… and viola!

Thank you, sir.

5 Likes

iOS 13 has had a lot of issues. I have a friend who works on it and he said it’s been one of the worst for bugs and issues that they’ve ever had. Anytime I tell him that I’m having an issue with an app he tells me to delete the app and reinstall it and that should usually fix it. He said iOS 13 was one of the biggest iOS is that they have undertakenAnd even with all the testing they still running into problems. I mean look at how many updates they pushed already in a short amount of time

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to help! :+1:

1 Like

The biggest problem with notifications is one that Wyze has to fix — the time stamp shows your device’s time, not the time setting of the camera. ;(

You might be interested in this Wishlist item as it pertains to that issue somewhat. You can vote in the upper left and contribute to the conversation there.

1 Like