Notifications suddently stopped working without any config changes

@WyzeJimmy and @WyzeBaohua is it possible that upgrading my cams to CamPlus broke notifications for non-CamPlus events like regular sound notifications?

I donā€™t think sending logs is really doing anything. Iā€™ve posted several here and the only thing Iā€™ve heard back from Wyze is ā€œwe show you changed some settingsā€¦ā€. Well no kidding! Been changing settings left and right trying to get the broken notifications and event recordings working.

2 Likes

When in doubt, burn it all down and start over. Seriously, resetting everything might help.

Iā€™ve reset everything ā€¦ Several times!

I suppose that I am lucky that I at least have notifications - but two for every event has my phone pinging incessantly at certain times of the day. I could reduce the number by using CamPlus to filter out unimportant events but I darenā€™t enable it just in case I lose all notifications again.

Not a good situation.

1 Like

Tried it. No bones. Their AI is broken, notifications for AI and non-AI is broken. They are in a long weekend according to @WyzeJimmy. In my line of work, which is surveillance equipment, I donā€™t go home until itā€™s fixed.

2 Likes

Two notifications for every event!

Log number 440299

1 Like

@WyzeJimmy @WyzeBaohua the three day weekend is over. Any updates on these issues?

6 recorded sound events this morning with not a single notification for any of them. Come on guysā€¦

1 Like

3 V3 cams and they seem to rotate between 2 in giving a notification every now and then. One just stopped all notifications. Have been emailing support and was told they never received a response from me so I sent a screenshot of my reply email with time and date on it. Then received email saying they were sorry and someone would be in touch with me immediately - nothing. I have now lost the ability to log into help through the app along with no notifications. The app says safari must be set to accept cookies - even though it has worked for months the way it is. So I checked all settings and they are set just like they want and the way they have been for months. Wyze needs to admit they have a problem and fix it.

If I burn it all down, Iā€™m rebuilding with something else. This current problem, or combination of problems that seems to have started about two weeks ago, is beyond ridiculous.

1 Like

It would truly seem there is zero urgency from Wyze, @WyzeJimmy @WyzeBaohua . There are many many reports of issues rather it be, notifications AI and non-AI or the simple fact that AI fails to detect as it was 2 weeks ago. I really wonder how many calls they are getting with the same issues that are not a part of this forum? Iā€™m not amused by Wyze and their questioning of customers who did nothing to their settings and have there equipment stop performing as advertised. Wyze questioned settings, 2FA, does someone have your account password, what settings did you change, we are continually updating AI algorithms (which is total hogwash considering they worked really well then stopped all the sudden). All the while they slightly mention quietly, we are working on some things. They have failed to be straight forward, open, and transparent as they claim to be. Wyze, its time to hold yourself accountable, admit your issues, and reaffirm you ARE working on them. Your long weekend is over, time to get to work for the ones who support you and the company. Letā€™s go!

Sorry for the trouble. We are investigating the log for the missing sound notification issue and duplicate notification issue. Thank you for submitting the log.

Thank you. And just a few minutes ago I also had a missing non-AI ā€œmotionā€ notification.

Iā€™ve gone from loving my Wyze cameras to thinking about replacing all of them in just two weeks here. The issue is beyond ridiculous! I work in an IT department, and when a major issue comes up, we work on it until its fixed. Wyze effed something up and wonā€™t admit it and my guess is they canā€™t roll it back either. This better get fixed soon, or my Wyze cams will be replaced with something that actually works.

I mean come on. Is it really acceptable to think this is not detected as a dang vehicle??? And that the system needs to learn this is a vehicle when 2 weeks ago it had no issue at all? This is what Iā€™m paying for in CamPlus??? Bout to start replacing some cameras around my home. @WyzeBaohua @WyzeJimmy

But wait a sec, one of my cameras IS detecting a vehicle. Check it outā€¦.

We found the root cause for the missing sound notification issue, and we will deploy the fix in the next V2/Pan firmware release. Thank you very much for posting this issue.

4 Likes

Thanks. Any idea how long that might take?

Did you happen to find the fix for AI detection that doesnā€™t work anymore or the notifications for the V3? And why wait to release a fix when itā€™s an issue causing service interruptions? You didnā€™t do this for the IOS issueā€¦ā€¦. Is this a way of buying more time to actually fix or find the issue?

@WyzeJimmy and @WyzeBaohua any new updates for everyone elseā€™s issues? Any time frame for GuitarMan? People are asking questions and not getting answers.