Notifications suddently stopped working without any config changes

Still not sure I’m understanding. Several people on this thread are reporting the same problem so it’s clearly not an isolated issue affecting just me. I understand that both Alexa and person detection may use the same AI servers but I’m not getting ANY notifications. Not person, not sound, not general motion, not anything. The events are being recorded and the trigger is identified correctly (sound, motion, person, vehicle, etc…) but the notifications just aren’t being sent from the app to my phone.

So the issue isn’t that AI isn’t working or that the Alexa skills aren’t working, as evidenced by the fact that you are receiving person notifications from Alexa. It’s simply the regular notifications that aren’t working. Alexa may be working just fine but as evidenced by this thread, several people are experiencing the issue of regular notifications not being sent.

2 Likes

Same issue here, notifications on all my V2 CAMS stopped today. This seems to be happening more and more. I also have CAM plus on all my cameras. Events are being stored in the app, but no alerts. Come on WYZE let’s get this fixed!

4 Likes

So now I’m getting notifications for AI events (pet, person) but not for regular events like motion (a tree moving in the wind), sound (dog barking) even though they are being recorded.

1 Like

Problem with my V3 still exists. Events recorded on camplus but no notifications sent. I had opened a ticket and it was initially closed, but after pointing to this thread got a response that engineering team looking in to issue, but no ETA for a fix.

2 Likes

Interesting that Wyze just sent out an email to politely inform us of their terms of service and security updates. And to make sure our software and firmware is updated. Like that’s helped. Literally everything has already been updated. One day it’s okay and the next it’s not. And then there’s ZERO information on their website about this GLITCH/OUTAGE/WHATEVER. Instead users are being gaslit. Cam Plus has basically been the biggest joke since day one. My cats always appear as people. My plants appear as packages. Person Detection was FREE when I first became a customer which was a major decision. Then they couldn’t uphold that algorithm because SURPRISE they didn’t even own it so they started making us pay for this crap version. I can’t even use anything other than generic motion detection or sound detection. Fast forwarding and rewinding is ONLY able with Cam Plus? Like how to nickel and dime.

3 Likes

Oh yes, that’s it! I have one v3 and one pan camera that are giving some notifications but only when it isn’t motion. If it is a vehicle, or pet, or person, etc. I get notified. All the motion ones send no notifications. My other v3 is just seeing everything as motion (seems to have lost its AI), even if I walk right in front of it so that’s why I get no notifications for that one. Don’t know what is going on there as I have CamPlus on all of them but thanks for narrowing down the problem for me.

1 Like

Same here. All 4 of my V3 cams have stopped sending notifications. Used to get them on my Apple Watch 5 along with iPhone 12 Pro and all have stopped. All settings have been checked and triple checked. Nothing in settings has changed for months but all of a sudden no notifications. All cameras on are cam+

What good are cameras that don’t send notifications if someone is trying to get in your house?

2 Likes

Same issue I am experiencing. This has to be a Wyze issue that has yet to garner their attention!

1 Like

I’m also having this issue with 13 v3’s, all are recording events, but not getting push notifications onto my phone… - I am getting events recording, no notifications.

Same here. No notifications at all and all were working until about 4 days ago. Went through all the resetting, power off/restart and triple checking settings in app and for cameras that I haven’t changed in months. No notifications from wyze.

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble. For everyone who did not receive any notification from V3s, could you please submit a log and post the log number here? Thanks!

2 Likes

I don’t know what a log number is. Like the IT request # I was given is 1717722. Is that right?

1 Like

log id 427001

2 Likes

@billie
Submit a log in the app by going to the camera with the issue, then settings (gear in upper right) then Wyze Support near the bottom, then Submit a Log and it will give you a log number

2 Likes

Log ID# 427007

Log ID # 427012

2 Likes

Greetings, should I submit log # for each individual cameras affected or one log # will suffice?

2 Likes

thx!
For each camera

2 Likes

I did all of mine. Just in case

2 Likes

Log id 426158

2 Likes

2 Likes