Notifications suddently stopped working without any config changes

I don’t know that I can help. I believe Wyze has been fiddling with the rabbit ears again and reception has gone bad (so to speak). IOW some recent app, FW or cloud change has caused this problem. It has been reported on many threads across the forum as you already know.

I am not experiencing any notification issues. I have 12 cams on CamPlus with notifications ONLY for various combinations of Smart AI. I do record all motion events to the cloud, but I have notifications off for these and filter them out in my events page.

BUT… I also have been militant about not updating my Android app or FW, so I am on old versions.

My suggestion would be for everyone with this issue to carpet bomb the Fix it Friday Thread with a full detailed description of the problem and workaround, log numbers, list all dates and times w\time zone of all missed notifications, and how long this has been going on. Then, vote for each other’s post by liking it.

I think I understand that you are getting Motion Only EVENTS, but no push notifications for these.

One thing that many old timers advocate before moving forward that might help:

1. Toggle all settings off
  2. Clear the cache in the app
  3. Force close the app
  4. Clear the cache for that app on the OS
  5. Restart the app and login
  6. Toggle all settings on
  7. Sign out of the app, close, reopen, sign in.
  8. Test test test

Can’t guarantee any results, but worth a try.

1 Like