Notifications now broke on Android 2.1.27

I’ve just applied the latest beta Android client release and it appears to have broke notifications on my Cam Pan.

No config changes made prior to client update from Google Play. Verified camera notification settings, Android notification settings, Restarted Cam Pan on and on ad infinitum.

Is the prior client release to 2.1.27 available for download as I would like to perform some additional testing of notifications.

Thanks.

Have you verified that the bell is not selected and a line crossed through it? Do you have multiple cameras or just that one?

2 Likes

Yes, the bell icon has a diagonal slash running through it. I have two Cam Pan cameras, one interior and one exterior.

I have these settings on the interior camera:
Detects motion: On
Send push notification: On
Advanced Settings / Local recording to micro SD card: On (Record on event)
Wyze Account / App Settings / Notifications / Notifications: Off

Android 8.0.0 Settings:
Notifications / All apps / WyzeBeta: On

View Playback clearly shows me walking across the detection zone and is highlighted with Motion tagging feature set to On. No config changes were made whatsoever prior to the download and installation of this client version.

1 Like

That means your notifications are turned off.
Tap the bell to Remove the diagonal slash running through it, to turn them on.
Re check your app version

3 Likes

Still no joy without the slash running through the bell. The events are being recorded on video but notifications are just not happening.

I’ve downgraded the client back to 2.0.26 and notifications are now working as they were prior to the 2.1.27 update. I’ll hold firm here as notifications are a very important function to the events process.

you could go into the settings through your phone, (phone settings- find wyze app- make sure notifications for the entire app are on) NOT the app settings and make sure the notifications are on in there for the app itself. if you decide to go back to the latest this is another method you could try.

1 Like

To summarize some of what’s being discussed here, there are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

1 Like