Notifications not working - Push notifications ON

I sent @enley, @kh3989, @Shutterbuginorlando, and @as241781’s tickets to the team.

Ok so what just worked for me was deleting the app, turning phone off, and on, then reinstalling and saying no when it initially asks to allow push notifications for iPhone and then going through and making sure notifications is on everywhere within the app. Then I went Into actual iPhone settings and turning notifications on. Now I have push notifications.

4 Likes

Thank you.

OH MY GOODNESS! After trying literally everything else I’ve read, including from Customer Support, I tried your suggestions, step by step, and got my first notification! Hopefully that is a permanent fix. Thank you very much!

(Wyze–you should add these numbered steps to your install instructions.)

4 Likes

Just a remark…

Does not work for Android procedure!

Still not receiving notifications on my phone.

Well…that sucks! Hope they get it fixed soon. Lot of good reviews, good press lately for Wyze, shining more light on the company and app…would be really unfortunate if they don’t fix this.

On an Android phone…

Tap Settings.

Find Apps & Notifications, tap it.

Tap App Info.

Scroll to the Wyze app and tap it.

Tap App notifications.

Check to see if the On setting is enabled.

All my notifications are on for Wyze every where.
Already deleted the app 2 times and nothing.

One other thing that a reliazed is if you shut down the app and open it again. The bell always come back with the line on top.

I think it would be smarter setting all notifications ON by default when launching the app.

Kind of frustrating…

@Drask, that shouldn’t be the case and I’m wondering if there’s something funky happening with the cloud storage of your settings. Have you contacted support?

I get notifications from the motion and door sensors, but no notification from any camera. I’ve checked and double-checked my settings and I (all of the sudden) can’t get notifications from any camera. Also, I have at least two cameras that started no recording to SD. :frowning:

I am unable to turn on Notifications within Wyze App. I checked whether the global Notifications setting under android settings and that is ON for Wyze. I recently got a new phone (Android P).

When I turn on the notifications in Wyze app, it turns on for a second and then turns back off.

You can try uninstalling then reinstalling the app. That might fix it. But it might be a problem with your account on the server. If so, you will need to file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

I am receiving most Person notifications accurately. HOWEVER, I still have situation where an event (Person) is properly logged but a notification was never sent. Have 6 cameras and these missing notifications happen at random times. So basically notifications (person only) is working most of the time BUT if it fails even 10% of the time or less than its not reliable. So again event with person correctly logged, but sometimes those logged events did NOT trigger a notification as it was supposed to. It would be nice to see Wyze at least acknowledge that they are working on these issues.

I noticed I had issues with push notifications as well… None of them worked today. I still get the events but it doesn’t show up a little colored icon to show me there are new events. Reinstalling the app did not do anything nor did restarting my phone.

Edit: That’s strange. Today my push notifications worked again.

This solution worked for me too! Using iOS 11 with latest firmware and app update.

It actually works. Wyze should hire you.

My push notifications stopped again…I wonder what the issue is… One day it works but then the next it doesn’t. I think it’s related to my phone. However, I don’t even see the red dot in the events icon to let me know of new events either.

Edit: I found out I had to allow wyze to modify system settings to get them working.
Edit: Nevermind…I disallowed the option to modify system settings and it still worked.

grrrrr!!! person-only notifications were working (sometimes) but today i get NOTHING…

motion is being recorded but no notifications being sent from any cam

For me, its the event detection. It just doesn’t detect any motion. Even though its ON and I stand out front waving my arms. No event is recorded at all.
Sad.

I work out-of-town and my notification come 2-3 hours late or not at all. But when i’m home my notification work fine. It start when the last 2 update. They need someone to test the new firmware before releasing it to the public.:disappointed: