Notifications not working - Push notifications ON

I am in the same boat, everything works great, it records, it senses, and does everything it had been doing for a month, but now no notifications. I have done everything listed probably twice. My question is, has anyone replaced the camera and bridge and is now receiving notifications? I don’t want to replace everything and then be no difference. Does anyone know if this is software or hardware related?

If you are on iOS, please see this thread.

3 Likes

same for me on android

Are you sure you didn’t accidentally tap the bell icon, top right of the home screen in the app? There should not be a slash through it.

Here’s a summary of where notifications are controlled:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Notifications > Send Notifications. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

1 Like

So last night after spending the day updating everything, reinstalling app (3x), resetting cameras, resetting iPhone, and NOTHING… A few hours later I started receiving notifications, and now it appears to be working correctly.

Per this notice iOS Push Notification Service Outage 10/29/19, there was an issue that has now been resolved.

1 Like

I have 2 cams. And still to this day I’m not getting push notifications. I have contacted you . One person stated I have to leave app. open and the other said I didn’t. Both push notifications is turned on. Downloaded it to two different phones and it is the same. If I leave the app. open it drains my battery quick. Please help.

Hello @unclemarko67 and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues.

I can verify the app does not need to be open to receive notifications. That is not the issue. While I do not know what the issue is I can try to help. You say you have contacted someone, do you have a support ticket number. If so I can try to get someone to see where it is at on that side. As far as me helping can you let me know what app version and firmware version you are using?

Don’t know if my support # it was awhile ago. The getting back to me takes so long. When I try to call all I get is voicemail. So I have learned to live with it till today. But both my Cams are up to date Firmware version:4.9.4.169. And my app. version is 2.5.36

Ok, I may go over stuff you have already checked but it just helps me to know. I also don’t use iOS so I may tag some other @Mavens since I know some use iOS, and we will see if we can help. Are you getting event videos but you aren’t getting push notifications to your phone, is that correct?

1 Like

If you received a support ticket number it will be in your email reply from the Wyze support team. Maybe you can go back and take a look. :slightly_smiling_face:

Make sure these notifications settings are turned on.

They are both on. And notifications for my phone is on also.

Mark

As Loki said, Be sure that notifications on your app are on also - no slash thru the bell. If you have done the above they should be but it’s easy to hit the little screen icon by mistake. Says one who has done that himself!

Yes . Everything is turned on. And still no push notifications. Like I stated I tried on two different phones also same thing Thank you everyone who chimed in. But back to step one. Time to try another brand. No sense having cams that don’t work correctly . I have come to this end.

Mark

Before you pull the trigger, one last gasp…

• make sure your notifications in Iphone Settings are turned on both places. Hate to lose you!

![

I don’t have an iphone. I have everything on. I’m a android guy even though I work at the Apple space ship campus. Just don’t like apple products. I have exhausted every effort and even dealing with tech support with no luck. As there turn around time is very slow. I guess you get what you pay for. The price drawed me to this company. But support is lacking there and I’m not the only one who have stated this. Time to move on as my family is my biggest concern and these are not doing it for me. Thanks for the help but everything everyone stated I did and still nothing.

There is no push notification under event recording

So I just don’t understand. Isn’t that how you tell your cammera when to start ? Or are you saying you have to use the SD card to get it to send notifications?

@unclemarko67 you do not need an SD card to get notifications

Thanks. It’s been moved to a Notifications section at the same level as Event Recording. I will update my canned text.

1 Like