Notifications not showing up on iPhone 8+

On my iPhone 8 plus I am not receiving notifications from the Wyze app from my cameras and door sensors but do receive then to my backup iPhone 6. Notifications are showing in the events screen but they do not display as notifications when outside of the Wyze app. I have compared the settings on the two phones and they are the same as far as I can tell. Is there an iPhone or Wyze app setting that may be causing this on my iPhone 8?

if the notifications are showing up on another phone just fine, I would venture a guess as to say the issue lies with the phone that’s not getting them. when you say you compared the settings on the two phones, i’m guessing you meant the app settings? so to trouble shoot the push notifications check this out.

I stole this from a moderator on this forum because his explanation of the concentric circles of notifications are put perfectly.

per @Loki :fist_left::sunglasses:

If you do have Motion/Sound Event enabled but are still not getting notifications, check the bell icon on the home page. It should not have a slash through it, which disables all Wyze notifications on your account.

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.
  2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.
  3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

1 Like

A re-install of the app seems to have sorted the problem on my iPhone 8+. Thanks for the feedback. Great forum.

3 Likes