Notifications - App Discovery - option to it shutoff

Recently I started to get notifications near the top of my Wyze app on my iPhone. It has a small screen and takes a good amount of space. You have to go through all of the notifications to get them to disappear. Going in to the settings, I found I can only choose a frequency between Every 3 days, Every week and Every month. I would like to be able to turn this off. I simple do not want it.

[Mod Note]: Added screenshots of Wyze app Home > Account > Notifications > App Discovery for clarity.

1 Like

Recently IOS app start having this Tip banner.

It is annoying.
Also when you click the banner, the app crashed.

When user manage to clear all the tips. Wyze wants to know how often does user want to see them.
My preference is that there should be option of “NONE”

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

This has to be in the cloud coding, not in the app.

I am on Android and have not updated my app for a good long time. So much so that my Store Tab won’t even work… Which is great since I won’t be buying any new stuff there anyway.

But, I recently went thru an issue with a WCPv1, dumped my app and OS app cache, and logged back in to my still old app version. And there were the tip banners. Just as annoying as all the CP popups for all my CP cams!

Who was driving the Good Idea Bus when this was made mandatory? Seriously? Perhaps provide the tips to the CS folks and leave us to get them when we ask for them. Turn it off.

2 Likes

Worst part: Even setting it to every month still gets me ads every day or so. [Mod Edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

2 Likes

I just started getting this yesterday and DO NOT WANT/NEED. I have notifications turned off and now I’ll be getting them anyway. Crappy idea. What was an App is now becoming bloatware. Are they hiring marketing and developers from MS and Google? Stop the stupidity. I’m an adult and well aware of what I want and need.

2 Likes

I empathize.

I have gone thru them each time they appear to get them to disappear and set the timer to the max.

I really do wish it had an option for NEVER.

Also, it reappears whenever you clear the OS App Cache, update the app, or reinstall the app. It would be nice if the servers were to remember my timer setting.

3 Likes

App discovery frequency? How about NEVER or every Leap Year?!!!

2 Likes

App Discovery Notification Options

Please add an option of never. I am an original scale only customer and having to clear the stupid App notices out every month is tedious.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

Hate hate hate hate this new tip banner / discovery banner.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @algshekou!

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to vote at the top to get this changed!

I agree. Not having an option to disable this “feature” is absurd. I despise useless notifications. Please fix this Wyze!

1 Like

Please give the option to turn off the tooltip.

The new tooltip when you start the app is so annoying, there needs to be an option to disable it. I’ve clicked it so many times.

1 Like

Would love the ability to disable completely!

Best you can do is limit it to once a month in Account → Notifications → App Discovery

3 Likes

Not sure what category to put this in, sorry mods!

Just saw the app banner/notification thing at the top of my Wyze app, this is the 3rd time you have added it, other times you removed it the next day due to complaints.

Anyway, I think you did a really good job on it this time, it looks nice in the app, not too huge and annoying, and when I dismissed it it asked how often I want to see it and went away. The new notifications (is it new? Or just adjusted) setting it also nice, compiles all the devices settings as well as other notification stuff in one area :smile:

However, I think you should add a “Never” option along with the 3days, week, month for those who don’t want any, because I can already imagine the complaints…

Also, I got them even though I already have 2fa enabled and am already using Wyze widgets. No big deal, just though I should let you know.

Great job on this one Wyze, I feel like after the previous failed attempts you nailed this one pretty good, useful but not annoying and super easy to hide.

3 Likes

What Banner are you talking about. I may have simply glazed over it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was wondering the same, what banner?

1 Like

Oh you guys didn’t get it? Guess I’m lucky :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Not able to get it to come yet, set mine to 3days (min) and never took a screenshot.

It’s Wyze color and at the top of the devices list, right below rules/shortcuts. The previous times they added it was full color and stood out, now it’s definitely noticeable but easier to ignore if you don’t have time.

After I saw it I checked here and the release notes, and testflite but no app update, it just showed up randomly…

1 Like

Something new? I found these annoying ‘cards’ with tips and tricks on my iOS app. Personally, I do not find them useful. What is even more frustrating that I can not opt-out of these notifications entirely. You have to receive them at least every 30 days.
Seems heavy handed.

5 Likes

:+1:

Need another choice like ‘NEVER’

2 Likes

https://forums.wyze.com/t/app-banner-tips-thing-positive/231300

1 Like