Whenever I get a notification for a motion alert, the time is 1hr ahead. For example, if the motion was detected at 8am, the notification time shown on my phone will show 9am.
However, the timestamp in the recorded video is correct and live viewing shows the correct time as well. This is an issue across all of my Wyze devices. I have a WyzeCam v2 white, Wyzecam v2 black and a Wyzecam Pan.
What I have tried:
- Sync time in the app
- Clear cache in the app
- Clear cache/data for the WyzeCam app in Android settings
- Uninstall and reinstalled WyzeCam app
- On the latest beta for the app
- Firmware across all devices fully updated
- My phone time is correct, but tried using automatic network time as well as setting time manually.
None of this works. I’ve been able to replicate the issue on my Galaxy S8+ as well as my brand new Galaxy S10. Has been happening for a while already and I have seen many threads, including on Reddit, about this. Seems like poor coding in the app itself.
None of my other notifications from other apps show incorrect times. This is purely just a notification error on the Wyzecam app itself. Again, recorded videos and live view show correct timestamps.