Notification time ahead of real time due to time zone change (app updated in different time zone?)

I was one time zone ahead for the last few weeks. During that time I’d check my cameras; the app would notice the 1 hour difference between their internal time and my phone, and would ask to sync. I always said no because the camera time was correct. Also while I was away, the Wyze app updated (2.4.24 on June 25). For the record, camera firmware is 4.10.3.60.

Since I came back to my home time zone, the app notifications are reporting as 1 hour later than local time (i.e. the time zone I was in). For example, if the camera recorded something at 9 pm, the notification says it was 10pm. The video timestamp is 9pm. So it seems the app itself is confused, even though my phone automatically changed back to local time as well when the plane landed.

Is there a fix for this? I just tried to manually synch the cameras but notification times are still incorrect. I think deinstalling and reinstalling will probably do it, but I don’t know if I’ll lose my shortcuts. Thanks

You will not lose your shortcuts if you uninstall/reinstall the app. They are stored with your account server side.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Reinstalling the app fixed it!

2 Likes

I am getting the push notifications within a minute or so, however, the time shown on the notification is 7 hours off for my cameras (ahead)! Cameras show correct time when viewing live and thumbnails. I was in Europe this summer but left cameras set on EDT.

You can see the time on screenshot in 14:59, but notifications show 09:59 PM.

Screenshot_20190723-145911_Nova%20Launcher|281x500 .

Bingo!

Thanks for the fast help. Couldn’t think straight on search words. Must still be suffering from jet lag.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Had the same issue and had to uninstall and then reinstall as described.
All is good again.
Thanks Loki

1 Like