Notification settings continue to reset

Hey everyone. I love the cameras, however I have one frustrating problem.

My motion detection Google keeps shutting off by itself and the notification bell keeps muting by itself.

I’ve tried logging out and back in. It fixes itself for a day and then reverts back to shutting those preferences off. It happens on multiple cameras so I suspect it to be app related.

Any ideas?

Do you have any shortcuts setup to turn off the notifications? How many people have you account info. That setting is set by the Wyze servers.

I have no shortcuts set up. (Not even sure how I’d do that) And I’m the only one who logs in.

Is it all cameras at one time or specific cameras?

Do you see the events in the could?

I’d suggest you file a support request so that they can examine if anything odd is going on with your account server-side.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem. I have three Wyze cameras and if I turn notifications on at some point they will randomly turn off. If I turn notifications off at some point they will randomly turn on. i have the problem with all three cameras. I have the same problem with two cameras that my daughter shared with me. I turn notifications off at some point they turn back on. I submitted a trouble report several days ago but have heard nothing back.

Two thoughts:

1. It’s pretty easy to tap the bell icon by accident. That could be happening.

2. Global notifications are controlled on an account basis. So if someone else also logs into your account (not a different account to which a camera has been shared), and they turn off notifications (#2 below), then they will turn off on yours as well.

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

1 Like

Thank you Trickster for your response in clarifying how notifications work.

I had shared three of my cameras with my daughter and she had shared two of her cameras with me. As a result it appears that I was affecting my daughters notification settings and she was affecting my notification settings on our shared cameras.

We both deleted sharing from our cameras and the problem appears to have cleared up.

However, I think it makes more sense if my daughter were able to change her notification settings on her cameras and that not affect my notifications on those same cameras that she has shared with me. She may want notifications on for her cameras that she has shared with me, but on my end I did not want notifications on. It would seem to me that these settings should be able to be controlled independent of one another. I recognize that there may still be something about notification settings that I do not understand and there may still be a way to accomplish this. If there is please let me know

Thanks for your help,

Gary

Gary,

You’ll want to hop over and vote for this topic (be sure to click the VOTE button at the very top):

2 Likes

Notifications toggle from ON to OFF without my intervention. Wyze Cam V3 with latest app updates and on iPhone 13 with latest iOS.

I toggle the Notification setting to ON - I get detection notifications for a day or so. For no reason the notifications then just stop - and on investigating, the notification setting has toggled itself to off.

So I have zero confidence in the notifications feature, as it’s either on off purely at random.

I would gladly pay for the Plus service - but not until this issue get resolved!

1 Like

Same boat, my notifications randomly toggle themselves off after a day or so or working just fine

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @iparra! :raising_hand_man:

To get to some troubleshooting for your issue, it is helpful to know some specific information:

• What version of the Wyze App are you running?
  • Which Cam Models are experiencing the notification settings issue?
  • What version of Firmware are these cams running?
1 Like