Notification Section in Accounts tab

Sorry for the delay (work stuff came up)

Submitted
Ticket 142409
I included pictures of it on and off so it’s obvious what settings I’m talking about.

2 Likes

I turn mine on. It then turned everything off. yesterday, my in-app notifications stayed on all night. From 10pm till 5am. Then it started turning off again. This is interesting to me.

1 Like

@carverofchoice thanks for the screenshots.
do you guys still actually get email notifications about product updates? I think I still do even though they are all checked off. So maybe it’s not updating anything too?

Interesting question, I got an email notification about the Wyze Sprinkler Controller on March 2nd. But did not look to see if notifications were on or off. Will check that next time.

I have some simple concerns with this:

1. I tagged the Doorbell to be notified when they become available. Want to make sure I am notified so that I can order one.

2. I am still waiting for my V3 camera from purchasing the Vacuum. The last email I received about this was February 18th. It indicated that they will start shipping on the 22nd. I still have not received the V3 Cam not anymore emails about it. So my curiosity is peeked.

I believe I do get the emails, but it is hard to know when I didn’t even realize this was an issue until a few days ago. I’m not sure if I’ve received any of those emails since I noticed there was an issue, and I don’t know how long before that this was an issue. It is possible that there is no effect, but even if that’s the case, it should probably still be fixed to avoid confusion from others. Someone might go to turn off specific notifications and see they’re already showing as off, and then be confused why they’re getting the emails. Different things like that.

2 Likes

@spamoni just wanted to update you guys…I sent this bug up the chain so they are aware of it now. Hopefully they will fix it in the future.

1 Like

Appreciate the update on this.

2 Likes

Have you heard any feedback on this issue? I am still experiencing the problem, so was just curious.

And I saw a post recently (a couple of weeks ago) of someone saying it was negatively impacting them. They were getting emails, and didn’t want them, but when they checked the app, it said they were set to off, so they shouldn’t be getting those emails…that could potentially be a legal fine issue, though IANAL and I am sure they could still “unsubscribe” from the email itself to turn it off in the server rather than the app, so it might be fine from that standpoint, but it’s still probably best to fix.

That is good to know, I was concerned that we were missing something… maybe App version 2.20 will have it fixed

They are looking into these bugs as of 2 weeks ago… Hopefully it will be fixed with the next app update.

2 Likes

It is not fixed on Android app 2.20.3 for me. Email notifications can’t stay turned on. My in app notifications seem to turn on and off appropriately but that’s been like that.

Android beta 2.22.12 seems to let the email notifications toggle stay on when I turned it on so maybe it works now?

1 Like

Noticed that as well. But the In-app notifications seems to be hit or miss. :slight_smile: One step forward One Step back.

Also I now see this in the accounts area:

But not sure how to get faces added to it. I stood in front of my door bell, it indicated person detected - took sometime for that. but still no face. Do you have Facial Recognition?

1 Like

no i don’t have facial recognition. sorry!

I did not either. It showed up with the Beta App .12. I did ask about joining the facial recognition testing and other items. But never got an email or notification that it was activated or approved.

I even see it on the event screen:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.