Notification by text?

I need somne help and don’t know where to go. I have two of the Wyze cameras set up. My question is that I can’t figure out how to make them notify me by text that the device has detected someone in the range of the device. I also have in another room an Amazon Cloud cam and it immediately sends me notification when it senses someone in the room and records them. Can Wyze do this and if so how do I set this up. I’m not very techie.

Welcome to the community, @gary.silverstein! Here is some information that I think will help you get started. Check out these support links below: :slightly_smiling_face:

Wyze Cam User Manual

Notifications

Event Videos Alerts

5 Likes

In addition to the links provided by @StopICU33, please know that Wyze cams do not support text message (SMS) notifications. Notifications by Wyze are only available as push notifications on your phone.

There is a Wishlist topic for this that you can vote for and/or comment on here:

Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top-left on that topic.

I believe it’s possible to use IFTTT as a trigger to send text message, but would require integration with yet another third party tool. This may be more complicated than you wish to get into.

3 Likes

how do I turn on 'push notifications on my phone, or do I have to turn them on to receive a notification that Wyze has detected motion in front of the device.

There are three places to control push notifications:

Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications.
This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app.
This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates.
If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level.
If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

3 Likes