Not all events sent to phone

I’ve not seen this specific question on here and I apologize if I’ve posted incorrectly. I’ve had a v2 cam for few days now. It records with movement. However, I only receive about every 4th or 5th notification on my Android phone. If I go into app and look at events, there are many I didn’t get a push for. Since I get them sporadically, could it still b phone setting?

1 Like

One thing that comes to mind: could you possibly be accidentally tapping the bell icon on the home screen, turning off notifications, and accidentally tapping it later turning them back on?

1 Like

Nope, not doing that.

Hmmm, next question: do you have multiple cameras and do you have push notifications per-camera enabled for each of them. Here’s a review of notification settings:

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

2 Likes

I have only one camera. There’s not a line on the bell icon. Not a big problem so far, just odd it works on occasion, but always captured in events.

I’ve had the exact same issue. For me it happened when I had Wyze app installed and logged into a 3rd phone. I had it on 2 of my phones and it was fine, however when I installed on my 3rd phone exact same happened to me. I opened a ticket and was told the above which didn’t work and then told it was unknown as to why.

I’m using an iPhone/iPad. How about you?

Now that I’ve paid more attention to this, it seems that I’m not getting all notification on my iPhone either. I’m thinking I may not be getting them if the phone is locked. Or maybe because Wyze notifications are grouped via the new iOS 12 option (that would be a bug).

I’ve now turned off grouping of notification for Wyze and will see if that changes anything.

UPDATE: Just tested and they are coming in with phone locked and with and without notifications grouped. Not sure what’s going on.

I have an Android. I have several brands of IP cams, Kuna, Samsung, Arlo and a cheapie I think HiCam or something like that. The others work ok. I’ve chkd every setting I can find to no avail.