Not A.D.A. compliant

I work for an agile company and we are planned a year out so yes it’s possible.

LOL You’re doing it wrong. Was a software engineer for a large well known tech company for decades, and when we went Agile there was no way we were going to lock ourselves into a year in advance. Agile eliminates, the long drawn out immovable plan. Get your project on the board, get it done in 3 months, plan for the next 3 months and be way ahead of a 1 year plan at the end of a year. Plus, you don’t have to replan when customer requests change after a few months or a market inflection comes around.

I would agree that the choice of colours can make it more difficult to read in particular older males that often have some colour blindness.

You can tell me that all you’d like but I had no say in the planning process. I’m merely a cog in the huge machine and have no input or say in any of it. I know agile is supposed to be more fluid but since we have tons of legacy to deal with (hence waterfall) we are stuck doing that wonderful hybrid approach which means we “say we are agile but really we are still waterfall since we are bottle-necked by the slowest team which uses waterfall”.

Russ_hanneman - you are mistaken if you think gregj is the only one suffering. I HATE the updates to Events! By moving from BOLD/Not BOLD to barely shading the event, I cannot tell when I’ve looked at an event and waste so much time repeating myself. It’s very difficult to see the difference, and my daughter, who has a vision deficiency similar to a mild colorblindness, can’t see the difference at all. I love wyze, but the EVENT changes suck!

I find that all my thumbnails look the same until I open them, on all the cameras,… so not able to diffferentiate between leaves and people. If there are a lot, I need to wait for them to scroll through updating the thumbnails until they settle in., but they may still show the view from a different camera. And my pan cam is not indicating when it is a person - maybe this is a known issue, haven’t checked yet. I miss the old UI.

1 Like

Ok, so you’re not an Agile shop, you do both Agile and waterfall. In your prior statement you stated your company is Agile. Discussions are always more productive when correct information is given. :wink:

As long as your teams aren’t fully Agile, you’re going to continue to feel the pain. My company tried the so-called hybrid method, we gave up because it was impossible to coordinate effectively. We drew a line in the sand to be fully Agile and held everyone’s feet to the fire to make it happen. It was challenging to convert the existing projects midstream in the dev cycle, but once finished, no more issues. It took about 6 months to complete, and that was 6 months of hell due to the extra workload.

Like many things in life the correct information was given. We are officially an Agile shop; but we still use waterfall because the business is full of legacy people who refuse to shift over. If the entire company would actually embrace Agile then all would be better but we also have several off shore teams who absolutely won’t do agile. If we stopped relying on them and got the older “legacy” folks on board then we could truly embrace. I hear you on your process and I understand your pain. We are slowly going through it. Maybe one day our company will be there.

I tend to agree… In the competitive world of software, taking a year to implement change is a death knell. As the old saying goes, ‘the early bird gets the worm’

“We are officially an Agile shop”

Why, because some policy wonk in engineering said so? If a criminal gets out of prison and says he’s gone straight, is it “officially true” if he’s still holding up liquor stores every week? :roll_eyes:

The fact is, your company isn’t agile because you’re still doing waterfall, and waterfall is the reason you still have schedules out to a year. You can say what they want you to say, but it doesn’t change the truth.

I would imagine that market demand requires flexibility Though, causing timelines to change. A year is a long time and though it does offer a proposed process of development to meet the end goal it is after all only a suggested path

For some reason, I suddenly can’t reply by email. No I don’t have two email accounts.

Has anyone noticed that WYZE seems to be starting to update their website? White on black. That’s a start. Maybe it was always that way, but I don’t remember.

Good point,@cargois42 , but for the record: There are no specific ADA requirements for cameras. As far as apps go: I can tell you that ADT and Ring both have apps that have a lot better user interface.

I have an idea for @UserCustomerGwen and the powers that be. If it is a cost burden to make the app accessible, add “in app purchase” in order to upgrade to a better user interface. That way, WYZE can recoup at least part of the cost, and not pass it on to their product purchasers. In app purchases can include additional color schemes, additional fonts, dynamic fonts, dynamic thumbnails, Night mode, high contrast made, sharing to multiple devices, and any other Trick that WYZE can think of.

The issue with waterfall and your comment about being “only a suggested path” is that the waterfall process by design doesn’t take well to midstream changes, as a change at one point requires a reschedule of every other stage of development. Because of this limitation, waterfall projects are pretty much set in stone, rather than being suggestions. The massive replanning to accommodate change has always been the biggest limitation of the waterfall SDLC.

Agile was created to be able to take changes in stride, with minimal effects on the process and schedule when a change is made. Agile has it’s own drawbacks that need to be addressed, but it is exceptional in it’s ability to deal with changes at any point.

1 Like

I talked to our designers about having an accessibility mode a while back (not a paid version). They said they’re more interested in making our app accessible and that having a separate mode is not great.

I’ve been sharing feedback about how we can improve accessibility and really appreciate people taking the time and energy to discuss these topics so we can improve. I know it’s slower than we would all like but it is very much a goal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. You’re awesome!

1 Like

As are you! :smiley:

Hello, I am 80 years of age. I use Wyze Cam’s and Plugs. Waiting for the “Wireless” version re Pre-order. So one doesn’t need to be young to take advantage of todays technology. Old farts are cool too.

2 Likes

3 years younger and agree 100%

First, let me say I’m disabled myself, but not for vision.

I am curious since there is a warm discussion on the topic, how well does iOS and phones do to help solve this problem? For example, using text to voice, and/or high contrast settings to address the majority of issues?

I just wash curious if this should be a problem addressed by the OS and helper apps instead of redeveloping all web pages/apps in use? Wouldn’t this be a better approach as far as speed, consistency, time to be resolved etc? Granted, it isn’t the same, but surly it should be sufficient to get along?

I haven’t used /tried the settings, and ultimately I’m curious if posters affected here have tried these options and your thoughts?

My intention is to learn and possibly provide a work around.