Noob question- Camera without wifi

Hello!
I want to place my camera in a place that cant get the wifi signal and would like to know if it will just keep recording movement to the SD card until I connect it to my phone to view the footage?
I hope this is the right place to ask. :wink:
Thank you and I love my WYZE products
Christopher

Hello @cperrypdx and welcome to the community.

There have been many conversations here about that, the camera needs wifi to setup initially and anytime it reboots it needs to see the internet. So if you set up the camera and disconnect the wifi it will stay recording to the SD Card unless power is lost at some point. If that happens it will not start recording again until internet is restored long enough for it to connect. So it sounds like in you scenario it would have to be setup in an area with internet then moved to the area you want to record without losing power or by using a hotspot temporarily in the place you want to record to set it up, but if there is any small power glitch it will stop recording.

TL:DR It can be done but probably isn’t the best solution

1 Like

Great! Thank you Jason. I did get it set up with my phones hot spot. but the power loss might be an issue in the future. thank you for the heads up!
Christopher

1 Like

I have been using an indoor camera set up to my iPhone as Hot Spot (HS) to record activity at camp (120v Ac available but no internet). Buy a small Uninteruptable Power Supply (UPS) for the camera, power glitch problem solved. Set for motion activation recordings and it will go for weeks with a 32g card. If money is no problem setup another Phone as a HS and connect from home.

Dave

I have been using an indoor camera set up to my iPhone as Hot Spot (HS) to record activity at camp (120v Ac available but no internet). Buy a small Uninteruptable Power Supply (UPS) for the camera, power glitch problem solved. Set for motion activation recordings and it will go for weeks with a 32g card. If money is no problem setup another Phone as a HS and connect from home.

Dave

Thank you Dave.

See the remainder of this string