No Video at the Selected Time with SD Card

Using WyzeCam V2 with latest firmware and official Wyze SD 32GB card purchased with camera and formatted on PC using the SD Card Formatter software and it was working OK for several days. Tonight got “No SD Card Detected” message. Did reset on camera from iOS app (latest version). Even though it’s been set for continuous recording for the last few days for several hours a day, only see “No video at the selected time” for the past few days. Local recording to micro SD card is set to “Continuous recording”, SD card memory available says 1.81G/1.86G.

I’ve noticed numerous complaints on the forums about SD card problems in recording. This seems like a fundamental issue with the camera that should work much better. Trying to physically access the camera to remove the SD card and try to get the video off through PC is a pain.

I was set this week to order the Wyze plugs and a whole set of contact sensors and motion detectors along with more bulbs, but I’m holding off on any more purchases for now until I see if these type of issues ever get resolved by Wyze. A camera that can’t reliably record (even though the software in the app indicates that it should be), no matter what the cost, isn’t worth investing in.

Im going to guess you have an error on the card. the reason Im’ going with this is that in your statement you mentioned it says

SD card memory available says 1.81G/1.86G. the second number after the slash should be the full capacity of the card. have you tried formatting the card since it started saying this?

possible solution. try a format in the camera. if those numbers don’t change, try a full format in a PC.

if that fails I would start a ticket for replacement or refund with Wyze.

Wyze stand behind their products but if you are interested in trying a different card, go with high endurance cards. I havent been able to find an endurance card having an issue in these cameras yet and its what many of us use. this post is a good starting point on whats been working well for people.

3 Likes

Irregardless if it fails you should start a ticket for the SD card replacement. That is one of the reasons I pay a premium for Wyze cards. At $10@ PLUS shipping they are expensive.
Did you try power cycling the camera?

1 Like

In my case, No SD card detected occurred on the first day of installation. Now the company have a process the verify that the Wyze V2 eligible for replacement.
use this link to check with the mac address of each Wyze V2 production line that may affect. I got one replacement.

https://replacement.wyzecam.com/

Since @frob293-39a5x camera work for several days, and the issue may happen many days before you notice. the “no video at the selected time” for the past few days, why not try to view playback to few weeks or few months. It seems like the micro SD card get near full condition.

Please notice that the folder structure of micro SD card store more than footage(video record) . There have Photo, log, Alarm, time-laspe folder which may occupy the whole spaces. You choose read that micro SD card from the PC file Explorer.
Wyze-micro-sd-card-folder

@frob293-39a5x

I am very very very sure that there is a problem with the micro sd card, change a card to solve the problem. Just changed card, fast and works great in my Wyze Cam v2.

The camera was setup in position to watch a finch that had built it’s nest behind a shutter on my house (Round 2 this summer, and Round 3 from the last 2 years). The mother finch was incubating the eggs and wouldn’t move for a week, and if I got too close, she would fly away for awhile before returning, so I had to wait until the eggs hatched last week to get to the camera.

Test 1: Reformat in camera using Wyze app - no difference
Test 2: Remove SD card from camera, reformat using SD Card program - no difference
Test 3: Try SD card in other camera - no difference
Test 4: Try new Wyze SD card in original camera - works fine for the last week.

Even after the Wyze app “format”, I was still able to get most of the video files off the SD card before attempting reformat on computer. Is there a best way to combine the 1 minute files into 1 file? At this point, I’ll try to submit claim to Wyze to get replacment on the card. I don’t think I’d attempt to use larger SD card as the card is never able to work again in Wyze camera, that’s a big problem.