No sound on recorded videos after IOS16 update (only on updated devices)

I updated to ios16 and now my recorded events don’t have sound. People who haven’t updated to the new iOS and I share my cameras with have no problems hearing the sound on my recorded events.
Even My iPad which I didn’t update yet has no issues playing sound.
What’s the problem?
All my sound buttons are on. I did noticed my “record sounds” option under advanced is off now on ALL Devices (even the ones that work) but somehow ones that are not updated this week to ios16 still record sound fine. I try to turn the option on and it pretends to but when I go back into it the option it is still off. I cleared cache, deleted and redownloaded the app, reset my phone, etc and nothing.

Live view sound is fine

Thoughts? I have 4 cameras.

[Mod Note]:

5 Likes

Exactly the same problem after installing iOS 16 on iPhone. Still get notifications for sound events and can watch recording, but no sound plays.

2 Likes

Same problem here. I updated yesterday to iOS16 and all of today I’m getting event notifications, however there is no sound being recorded. When I go to livestream there is sound. Have double checked my camera settings and sound recording is definitely enabled

1 Like

I am sorry this is happening. I have sent this issue up to the team to look into.

5 Likes

Hi, could you please let me know what cameras you are currently using and their firmware version? I am also using ios 16 beta and I can hear sound from live and event ok.

2 Likes

Wyze Cam Outdoor 4.17.4.278
Wyze Cam Pan 4.10.8.1002

1 Like

I just tested my WCO with same firmware. I can hear sound in event. Are you hearing any noise or simply miss the sound.

1 Like

I can hear sound while viewing live, but manually triggered and sound-detection triggered event recordings have no soundtrack.

All my cameras are V2 4.9.8.1002.

Same for me. Live view is fine but anything detected is no sound at all. No problems on devices not updated to ios16 though. Same videos!

1 Like

Just check on my end. So regular motion event and camplus events are fine. But manual record and sound triggered event don’t have sound. I will submit tickets on this. If you found any other scenes don’t work please ping me here. Thank you!

2 Likes

No noise. If I make a manual recording then play it in the iPhone photo album, the speaker-off icon is grayed, which as I understand it indicates that the recording has no sound track.

3 Likes

None of the videos with motion have sound either for me. I have literally zero sound in all detected videos (only on updated device). The same videos on non updated device have sound. Also, if I try to download the video on my phone it has no sound and is greyed out. But if I download the same video on my device that wasn’t updated it works fine/correct.
Live video has sound all all devices.

1 Like

Could you please help me submit few logs with some of those cameras? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Desmond, I was chatting with DanicaJoyce last night regarding this error.
Model Wyze Cam Pan
My log# is 718039
Firmware 4.10.8.1002
Exactly the same issues, no sound with event recording since iOS 16 update. Sound on livestream is fine, only recorded events. Have tried every possible solution and still no luck

1 Like

Got it. I have include this log into ticket.

1 Like

This makes me feel so much better. I felt like I was taking crazy pills. Hopefully it will be fixed!

1 Like

Log 718673

Hi Desmond, any news on whether there is a fix for this issue yet?

1 Like

I have the exact problem. Since downloading ios 16 all cameras have sound events recorded but, no sound. On motion and person events recorded there is sound. As mentioned previously by others, my ipad does not have iOS 16 and records all perfectly.
My cameras: 6 different cams and 3 pan cams
These cameras are at 3 different locations, but same results.

I can hear sounds but when I record them, no sound records.
version 4.9.8.1002