No sound from recorded events

I am unable to hear sound from an event. I have sound turned on under advanced settings. I’ve reset the camera and that doesn’t help. Any suggestions? Are there special permissions needed on my phone?

1 Like

Shouldn’t be any special permissions but we would need to know what kind of phone you have. But I would probably go ahead and start a support ticket if you’re not hearing sound and you have it turned on.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000761672-Wyze-Cam-v1-v2-Pan

Gotta ask, is sound enabled here too?

2 Likes

If you want to listen to it yes. But it should record the sound regardless of whether that is enabled or not.

I am aware, but since the OP appears to be wanting to hear the sound from the event, based on this comment:

I posted that screen shot. To make sure they have that enabled when attempting to listen to audio from an event.

3 Likes

Sorry buddy I was thinking you were the original poster and you were asking that question. I didn’t realize that you were pointing out to him that he needed to have that on. That’s my mistake sorry

3 Likes

It’s all good, we are all here to help.

@rhs9850, any luck?

2 Likes

Yes, I have sound enabled, but I do not hear any sound when playing back an event. I purposely recorded an event with loud noise and with my phone volume all the way up, I still could not hear anything.

1 Like

Can you view via computer or another device, and does sound work then?

1 Like

The only way I can get the sound / audio to work is using VLC player. All the info is in this thread here:

2 Likes

Well, sound is working now, but I don’t know why. There seems to be a lot of inconsistencies with this app.

2 Likes

Glad it’s working for you now! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey Thanks! Got the sound on!

1 Like

Hi, @cntryangl1980. Welcome to the community! You’re welcome and glad it is working for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How do you get the sound to work through VLC? I downloaded the app but I need help hearing the sound through VLC

@demetperalta Welcome to the Wyze community! Take a look at my post below to send video clips to VLC. Once the video is sent the VLC app you should be able to hear sound.