No push notification for Vehicle Wyze AI Events with Cam Plus, Need "All Other Events" On

I have Cam Plus enabled on my V3. The events for that camera are correctly being tagged with Person and Vehicle etc. When I have ALL notifications enabled I correctly receive Person and Vehicle push notifications. However if I attempt to ONLY receive WYZE AI Events, which I presume means JUST those events that are identified as Person or Vehicle, I don’t receive anything, even though the events are still correctly listed in app. For instance with ONLY Wyze AI Events enabled, UPS just delivered, the camera correctly identified a vehicle in the events page of the app, but NO push was received. I then switched back on “All Other Events”. The next time a vehicle appeared, I receive a “Vehicle detected” notification!!!

Am I misunderstanding what Wyze AI Events means? Is it not possible to only receive events that have been tagged as Vehicle, Person or Pet ? I really want to switch off “All Other Events” to cut down on the nuance notifications of other things, but I don’t seem to be able to. When I switch that off I receive nothing.

1 Like

My wife just reminded me that I DID get a Person notification with only WYZE AI Events enabled. So it appears the problem is only related to Vehicle notifications. I don’t receive them unless “All Other Events” is enabled. At least on my V3.

Anybody else experiencing this ?

OK. My bad it appears that others ARE seeing this to. Appears its a bug with Vehicle detection…

I guess there may be a bug? I put my new V3 up 5 days ago and it works great except to give me a notification when a large moving van is turning around in front of my house? This is with notifications for AI events on, notification for motion off. The cam will notify of people all day long in the AI mode, just no cars or trucks. If I turn on all other motion events I get vehicle notification. Hope it gets fixed, I do not want all motions turned on if I can avoid it.

1 Like

Having the same problem. Reported it the support organization a couple of weeks ago, after the new update added the Vehicle detection for v3 cameras. Another thread also have this reported. Would like to see Wyze recognize the issue in their status reports.

1 Like

Is this issue ever going to get fixed or addressed? As I said in my previous post I get notifications of people walking any place in view of my V3 (Usually) but no vehicles notifications with WYZE AI notification turned on all all other motion off. Today I came back from golf, exited my truck, made 3 quick trips offloading my gear then moved the trash cans all in view of the camera. The event was recorded, all 3 minutes of it and I got zero notifications, not even me as a person. If I turn on all other motion events my phone sounds like a bell on a S.F. Street Car there are so many notifications. This information is just not true yet if you just have AI notifications turned on.

VD

1 Like

Having the same issue on my V3s.

Events are recording and seem to be tagged correctly but often don’t get notifications.

Cameras are at a vacation home I’m not often at so crucial that I’m notified if a person or vehicle is there.

When I set them up they seemed to work fine that weekend but Plow guy came today, picked him up on 2 cameras and no notification. Only saw 6 hours later when I looked at events. House could have been broken into multiple times in that time frame.

I have a ticket open from last week and nothing’s been done. If this isn’t resolved soon, all of my wyze cams are going on eBay. I know they are inexpensive so you need to sacrafice something but peice of mind can’t be one of those things.

What good are security cameras if they don’t alert you of activity???

Hopefully someone at wyze is reading this and does something to fix it.

Also I’m on an iPhone incase anyone is curious. Heard some issues with notifications on Android too.

1 Like

I am having the same issue on Iphone 12 pro w/latest firmware installed on the V3. I was really hoping the latest firmware would have resolved this…

Super frustrating!!

I noticed issues with the notifications as well… I was watching Cars/People go by my Pan Cam and V3 in the front of my home and not getting any kind of notifications I have Cam Plus on the Pan Cam and nothing.

As a test I turned off Detection Zones on all of my Exterior Cameras (7 in total, 5 have person detection and 2 have Cam Plus) and all of the sudden I am getting notifications galore.

From my early troubleshooting (and this may only be my case) there seems to be an issue with detection/notification with the Detection zone turned on… Maybe something some of you having notification issues could test as well? I’d be interested in your results.

To confirm; you were having the same issue with no Vehicle notifications unless All Other Motion events was enabled. But if you switched off the Detection Zones, AI notifications worked correctly with Vehicles, without All Other Motion events enabled ?

I was getting no vehicle or person notifications nor motion events and All had Wyze AI Events and All Other Motion Events notifications turned on along with Vehicle and Person in Cam Plus.

After turning off Detection Zones, I am getting all event notifications motion, vehicle, and person.

interesting! I do have the detection zone set. I’ll give this a try! thanks!

As I stated twice with only AI events turned I got people notifications, no notifications for vehicle in AI only. With all other motion events and AI turned on I get notification for everything.V3 with cam plus.I turned off detection zone and got nothing.I don’t want notifications of the neighbors cat walking in my driveway or shadows of the trees swaying back and forth. :flushed:

Just tried out “no detection zone” method but didn’t work. No push notification for vehicle and vehicle/person detection, just recorded under events.

wondering if IOS app update can solve the push issue.

Totally understandable, just thought I would share the detection zone scenario as it was my first step and it has yielded notification for me. One thing is consistent and that there is no consistency sometimes… my next step is to turn off all motion and only look to AI events.

Thanks for the feedback

Maybe a fix to the AI would be better as I don’t think it is app related. Just my guess.

Well it didn’t take long to get results with kids coming home from school.

The following is what I observed

Pan Cam Firmware 4.10.6.237
Notifications: ON
WYZE AI Events: On
All Other Motion Events: OFF
Cam Plus Vehicle and Person Detection ON

Received Person and Vehicle notifications on:
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ (WYZE App v2.17.31 BETA) and iPad Air (WYZE App v2.17.21 PRODUCTION)

V3 Firmware 4.36.0.252

Samsung Galaxy Note10+ (WYZE App v2.17.31 BETA) and iPad Air (WYZE App v2.17.21 PRODUCTION)

Door Bell Camera Firmware 4.25.0.222

No bushes, trees, cats, clouds, or sun shadows setting off events and ALL Detection Zones turned off.

So I am getting notifications still. Guess the last step (for me anyway) is to see if the notifications stop if I turn detection zones back on.

Now leave just the AI on with other motion events off and drive a car or a semi- truck in front of the V3 and see if you get a notification. I get people walking by all day long listed as person and vehicle on the notification. I don’t get notifications for the UPS trucks, FedEx trucks, garbage trucks, or any other vehicle that turns around in front of my house everyday 35-40 feet front the V3. I get the event, no notification.

Already the case… WYZE AI: ON ALL OTHER MOTION EVENTS: OFF

Identified my neighbor’s truck, my sons car, and a few other random vehicles all driving past… sorry no semis. Cameras are about 15 yards from the street.

I received the push notifications on all devices complimented with the saved video since the change, right after my earlier post.

You’ll never believe this… Semis rarely come through my neighborhood. It was a sign… :pray: