No playback on recordings after firmware 3.9.3.72

I am experiencing the same issue with my V2 and wyze cam PAN cameras not recording on a loop on my SD cards in either cameras. The event recording only records one 30second or less clip and nothing else. I have tried toggling off motion detection recording and event detection in hopes for the camera to just record everything and loop when SD card is full. Please make record simpler to playback and edit clips from on camera.

1 Like

Yup. Same issue. :neutral_face:
Really hope something is done about this. I think playback is important.

Yes,the app sucks…only works Livestream

Same problem. No Playback. Only Live Stream

Same here. Any resolution on this issue?

Thanks

I have multiple cams, Pan and V2, and playback has not been an issue in them with the last several firmware upgrades. There are a couple of recommendations to be made about it though. The card and how it is handled is important. While most any card will work, for a lowered rate of subtle and frustrating problems definitely use High Endurance Cards and before use put them in a PC and **Deep Format - Overwrite ** -not Quick Format - them with this Industry Standard Program.
Wifi is critical to playback - a wifi setup that gives dropped connections will disrupt and frustrate playback to no end, especially when trying to view long recordings. Internet connection speed is often confused with wifi speed. A fast internet connection doesn’t help much when you are trying to perform actions that take place mostly within your WiFi network. What you need depends on many factors- number of devices, congestion, channel selection, etc. I had endless problems until I quit using my ISP provided wifi and went with a mesh system. Hallelujah!

I upgraded wyze firmware, and formatted card through wyze, and now everything works great.

Once I set the “Local recording to micro SD Card” to “Continuous recording” I am able to View Playback. My guess is Cam v2 FW upgrade didn’t change this setting but, Cam Pan upgrade changed the setting to “Record events only” option.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this has helped.

I can confirm it’s Wyze firmware upgrade messed it up. One of my cam showing size of 0/0, no playback, and having kernel panic if I tried to scroll through playback timeline. I tried above changed to "Continuous recording” but didn’t help, however when I check the SD card content it appeared created a new folder for the continuous recording just. Format it to exFAT on PC and it’s working again. Looks to me Wyze didn’t have tests in place to verify if existing SD recording still working after firmware upgrade.