No Person Detection!

Interesting… Check your services tab to see if Cam Plus or legacy PD (depending on what you are subscribed to) is shown there. If you don’t see anything, check services.wyze.com and make sure your subscription is shown there. If you don’t see anything there but you know you should be subscribed, you would have to contact support.

As for the sound events, have you double checked your event recording settings? It will be greyed out if you haven’t enabled recording when the cam detects sound.

1 Like

Do you have the latest app version? There’s a new V3 firmware out today, did you update?

As of 9pm Eastern time, 22 minutes ago, my v2 cams with legacy person detection are back to properly recording events labeled Person. :+1: I did nothing to make this happen so it must be a server fix.

Edit: Adding some screenshots… Under Wyze app Home > Account > Services:

I have a bunch of v2 cams assigned to legacy person detection (Pilot):

Under Settings > Event Recording for each v2 cam, Detects motion is enabled:

Under Settings > Notifications for each v2 cam, Notifications are enabled, but no type is enabled because Person is missing and I don’t want a notification for anything other than people:

But, mysteriously, I’m getting Person notifications. At least it’s working. :joy:

4 Likes

My AOS app is up to date, and no firmware updates are showing. I guess I’ll just wait and see if they are working tomorrow, or after the Feb 3 “maintenance”.

Thanks fellow users.

For crying in the sink, now I’m getting motion notifications for two cameras that have motion notifications turned off :crazy_face:

4 Likes

My husband accidentally set off our burglar alarm tonight and cameras didn’t detect anything! No sound notifications or event recording. I have Cam Plus person detection and it’s a rarity when it records someone walking by. What’s going on with these cameras? They used to work great and now they hardly ever work!

4 Likes

Hi, everyone! Sorry for the person detection problems. The team was able to figure out what went funky to resolve it and are looking deeper into what happened here.

If you are still have trouble with person detection, please reach out to our support team.

6 Likes

And what is the best way to do this? By this I mean that I would actually receive a response from someone. Thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks for update finally. If the issue is known, why inundate support with more reports? Seems counter productive.

Unless you mean it’s fix and we should start getting the correct labels on events and if we’re not then call in.

2 Likes

Wow - Wyze finally acknowledges and responds 4 days thats 4 days after the problem started.

2 Likes

So its not resolved yet?

1 Like

I got my first notification this morning after 4-days.

1 Like

Still not having any person detections.

1 Like

Same. No setting for it either.

1 Like

Seems to be working normally again. Got multiple notifications this morning.

1 Like

Happy to report person push notifications are now working again on my phone. BUT I HAVE LOST THE ABILITY TO ONLY BE NOTIFIED WHEN IT’S A PERSON EVENT. So now every time the wind blows the trees around my home or as the shade of the sun moves I also receive a notification. :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Looks at the screenshots of my settings:

• Under Settings > Event Recording for each v2 cam, toggle ON Detects motion.

• Under Settings > Notifications for each v2 cam, toggle ON Notifications and toggle OFF Motion Events.

4 Likes

@Seapup thank you that worked. It’s working now until somebody comes and messes it up for everybody which I hope they leave it alone.

1 Like

Still no PD here. Had to turn off all notifications as I am now getting all motion detection notifications. Ridiculous :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

My pilot Person detection is turned on, but if the person button is selected in events ( along with motion & sound), no motion or sound events display in the events list.

1 Like

Glad to be of help. :+1: It WILL change again sometime. Things always do. This forum is basically users helping users, so somebody here probably has the answer to whatever the issue is. :grinning:

2 Likes