No notifications

Because sometimes certain bugs only occur on specific OS and/or app versions. It is always helpful to provide more information to troubleshoot an issue more readily.

2 Likes

Yes, there are many times issues show up in only one OS. It looks like this is becoming a popular issue. Several threads about it.

UGH… I’ll check the FB groups, too. Thanks, @OverWatch!

2 Likes

I listed a few threads here:

3 Likes

Thank you, that is really helpful. I’ve notified some Wyze employees.

3 Likes

Is this the same issue I’m having with the Pan? Does Pan Scan Disable Event Triggering?

Looks like more than just the PAN.

Strange. Well I set up my two Wyze cams prior to today and they function, but I set up my Pan just today. So I wonder if this is only impacting new setups?

Not sure, but the OP said it included his regular cameras. I had two events motion tagged in my continuous recording last night within a one hour window (that’s all I could sit through) and they were not in my Events list. The V2 cameras have been set-up for several weeks now.

Thanks for letting us know about these problems! @CJ454 and @YeahThatCee (I think I already asked the others here but if I missed you, this goes for you as well!), would you like for us to check the server side to see if it’s an issue there? We would need your username, MAC address, time zone, and the time of an event video you should have received.

Yes, please check on the server side. Thanks, @UserCustomerGwen. As a side note, I updated the unrelated firmware for the Pan that was coincidentally released yesterday after I first noticed this issue, but the issue persists. I walked yesterday in front of the Pan in an attempt to generate an Event, but to no avail. Keep in mind that the Pan recognizes the Event, as one can navigate to and view the recorded Event in the green portion of the Playback review from my SD card. But there is no notification of the Event on my phone, nor are any Events listed for the Pan under the Event tab in my iOS app. This is isolated only to my Pan, as my other two non-Pan Wyze cams generate notifications and Events without issue.

Gwendolyn edited out information now that it has been collected. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I sent this over toward the person who can check on the server side. I’ll keep you posted! I also edited out the information you gave me now that I have it collected so that it doesn’t stay in the public view. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We think that the issue you’re running into may be a firmware problem. Could you please send us app and firmware logs through the Help & Feedback section of the app and switch the email address to developer@wyzecam.com, @YeahThatCee? That will quickly get your log over to the dev people. :slight_smile:

Thanks for hiding my information, for the help, and for the escalation! Good to know I might not be crazy. :wink: I’ve forwarded my logs per your instructions via the app. (Note that, from within the latest version of the iOS app at least, the email was already correctly formatted to send to the developer@wyzecam.com email address.) Thanks again!

1 Like

You may be crazy but not about this! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You’re welcome for the help! Thank you for sending the log in. We appreciate you taking the time to work with us! :smiley:

1 Like

I get that a lot. :laughing: In all seriousness, I LOVE these cams, the app experience, and the excellent customer service is just (vegan) gravy. [Yeah, I’m one of THOSE “crazy” people.] The combined functionality and value of your products is second to none. I have no doubt that your team will iron out any of the software bugs, which comes with the territory of any software, especially when thankfully always trying to push the envelope for the customer benefit. Truly appreciate the responsiveness of the entire Wyze team from those at the top, in the front, and behind the scenes. THIS is how you do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You and me both! I’m not vegan but I respect the heck out of it. I’m a good hippie in other ways, though.

Thank you so much for your kind words about our company and service! We appreciate you and having you in our community. We’ll get this problem sorted out as soon as we can. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi just had a moment to get back on here. Crazy week at work.

i have narrowed this down to pan/tilt.
For some reason when my app crashed it reset all my settings for all cameras.
The regular cubes work fine now.

Pan/tilt was put back but still has issues. (last night) I too got new firmware.

in checking the notifications now as i write this i see some for today.

i do love these little cameras.

Thanks to those that responded.

CJ

1 Like

Hi @CJ454. I have a (master?) ticket that Wyze developers are already working to resolve, suggesting that it’s likely something to do with the firmware. My non-pans aren’t affected by this issue. So to be clear, are you now saying you finally received event notifications on your PAN cam today, or just your “regular cubes?” I don’t think the PAN notifications issue is resolved yet. (I still don’t receive notifications for the PAN events.) So I’d be surprised if you are now receiving some event notifications for the PAN when they initially weren’t being triggering. If that is the case, then I’ll simply reset my PAN cam, which would suggest that this is an interim solution while the developers fix the bugs that caused this issue in the firmware itself. I agree: I love these little cameras more than I initially loved my first iPhone! Any Wyze job openings in the Washington, D.C. area, @UserCustomerGwen? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@CJ454, you have my sympathy for your crazy week at work! I hope that it’s been generally positive but that things stabilize for you soon. :slight_smile:

Knowing about the app settings issue is handy and we appreciate the detail. I’d ask you to send a log but after this much time that may not be handy anymore. You can send one in through the Help & Feedback section of the app, if you’re interested.

@YeahThatCee, you’d be a great addition to the team! I don’t think we have anything open in D.C. at this point but here’s our hiring page for in case that changes. :smile:

https://wyze-labs.breezy.hr/