No notifications on motion

Hi everybody,
I just set up a new v2 in order to catch my landlord entering my apartment without prior notice. Setup went fine (it’s pointed at my front door) but I’m not getting notifications about motion detection. When I move in front of it to test it, it is recording ok but I don’t get a notification. It’s connecting remotely ok but I should be getting notifications when I leave and re-enter the apartment but I’m not. I get notifications about sound but not motion.

I have All Day recording turned on, battery saver is off, notifications are on in the phone and in the app. I’m on the newest versions of firmware and the app. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled it a couple of times and power cycled the camera. Anybody else have this issue and resolved it?

When you say it is recording, do you mean that the 12-second clips can be found under the Events tab? (i.e. we’re not talking about the SD card?) Motion notification should be 1-to-1 with the 12-second motion clips, as long as you haven’t disabled notifications at some level.

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

Yes, the 12 second clips are there under the Events tab. I did not receive notifications for any of them I have all of the notification areas you listed enabled.

Update: I turned on Motion Tagging in the app and am getting intermittent motion alerts, sometimes 25 minutes later.

Motion tagging does not affect the alert notifications. It only marks “movement” (i.e. pixel changes) with a green box in the camera’s field of view.

1 Like

I think you’ll need to file a support request for this (preferably from within the app). It may be that something needs to be reset for your account on the server side, which only they can do.

How do you file a support request from within the app? I don’t see a place…

Click the Account tab, then Help & Feedback > Report an Issue.

Come back and let us know if You find a way to fix it .
I have been getting motion alerts, sometimes 5, 10 ,25 minutes late for a long time and wyze and I , haven’t found out a way to fix it .

What device and OS are you using ?

Thanks very much!

1 Like

Im bit confused here. So if someone sent a message for support to report an issue, they will personally get a message back to fix their own issue?

Yes, that’s how technical support works.