No motion or Event alerts

I have setup 2 new Wyze v2 cameras and connected without problems. I have been unable to get any alerts either by motion, person, or sound. Live stream works fine but there are no events logged even with detection turned all the way to max. I have tried factory reset, reinstalling app. I do not have a micro sd installed yet, but I was under the impression the cloud should work without one installed. Any ideas or did I get what I paid for?

Thanks

Paul

Check at the top right on the home page for the Bell icon , if there is a line through it , that means your notifications are turned off , tap the icon to remove the line and turn notifications on

Tried that. Still nothing. I don’t get any activity feed within the app as well.

Did you try unplugging and replugging the wyzecam? I know one time a wyzecam wasn’t getting alerts but somehow unplugging it and replugging it fixed the problem.

1 Like

Here are some things to check related to event recording and notifications:

• Globally on an account basis by making sure the BELL icon on the top right of the home screen doesn’t have a line thru it (or by using the switch in Account Tab > Notifications). This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

• Per camera by calling the individual camera up, then Settings > Event Recording > Detects motion. Also, the schedule set at the top will override this setting, as will any scheduled shortcuts (this setting must be on for Person Detection to occur.)

• Per camera by calling the individual camera up, then Settings > Notifications > Send Notifications. This can be controlled by the camera owner AND shared user, and will affect both. Also, you need to select which events you want to be notified about. Person, motion, or sound.

• Per camera by calling the individual camera up, then Settings > Detection Settings > Sensitivity, & Detection Zone (for Person Detection to occur, a person must enter the zone). If the zone is off, the whole frame will be evaluated for motion.

• In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.) iOS Example: Phone Settings > Notifications > Wyze and Phone Settings > Do Not Disturb (and its schedule).

If all else fails, power cycle the cam.

I’m having the same problem with my pan cam. Have tried everything suggested above. Still no motion detections, recording or alerts. I have sd cards in all 5 cams. Am lost as to what will fix it. Suspect app glitch.