No more dancing around it. Can you fix audio issues with Wyze v3 cameras?

I’m up to my 3rd warranty replacement. The 3rd replacement still has audio issue.

Ugh, hate to hear that. It’s got to be the fault of the factory in China. This 3rd one I got seems to be the best of all I have now. I may start going through the Wyze site to buy then, instead of Amazon. It’ll take a lot longer, but I’ll be in their system. The bad one I just stuck out in the chick yard and turned off the sound.

1 Like

Seems to be an improvement on the audio with latest updates (App & CamV3)

In the clip below you can hear the deers foot steps and ambient noise level seems higher too…

2 Likes

Edit: Sorry, this wasn’t a kind attitude for me to have. You’re here trying to help when you aren’t even affected by the issue. When I first found this post, I only saw your first reply to the OP, and thought it was a flippant, unhelpful response, gaslighting the OP’
Lucky you. The rest of us have terrible interference on the microphone. It’s unbearable.

I bought 4 from Wyze directly last week. The 3 I have opened all have interference issues. It seems to be worse outside than inside the house. I suspect it’s imporper shielding or un-twisted mic wires causing the issue. I’m going to open a ticket with wyze about it. It’s obviously a known issue by now and their troubleshooting is laughable. “turn it off then on again” factory reset it. These just came from the factory, and it’s clearly an interference issue, no amount of firmware (short of AI that can recognize and counter the audio interference) is going to fix a hardware issue. I’m tempted to open one of them, twist the camera wires and put it back together to see the difference, but I don’t want to void my warranty.

1 Like

All four of my V3 have garbage audio. Certain sounds pick up but you could not understand people talking only feet away. It’s garbage and they know it. Plus the audio is out of sync wth my video on two different devices with two different OS. No help from Wise and have been complaining since the start. They ignored it. Their garbage people. They just ignore and don’t respond that they’re aware of this.

1 Like

I don’t use the audio since I bought the V3 (X4) because of this issue. The V2 version audio was great, so if camera audio is important to you, don’t buy the V3 Wyze Cam.

Ahhh but I bought the page for the cameras not knowing this.

I like the night vision better in the V3, and that it’s water resistant. I use mine outside in the chicken runs/coops and bird feeder. Otherwise I would’ve stuck with the V3, which I gave to my daughter who used it on the puppy crate and now at the front door. It wasn’t that great to begin with, but after one of the updates I did notice that the audio wasn’t “off” anymore.

I seem to have a hard time getting videos added that will actually play in the forum, but it seems there are some people here who don’t believe there’s an issue because their V3 cameras work fine, and they think we’re whining about mildly muffled audio, or really minor audio issues, so I invite anybody interested to check out a quick comparison I added to youtube between Wyze and 2 other brands of camera that I use.

I’d take that offer. I’d love to have someone tear one of these apart and see if they can find the source of the issue.

If I knew what I was doing and what to look for, I’d take mine apart that I didn’t have to return. I’m currently using in in the chick run with no sound.

That sounds pretty bad. After dealing with the two bad ones I got, I noticed that one of my other ones has a slight static to it as well.

Lol. I guess just be glad it’s only slight on one of them. In my video, you can hear the Fish Cam is much quieter than the other two, but I think that’s a matter of location. In that corner of the house, it’s shielded from external radio interference by aluminium siding on two sides. When I move it to the window with the other one, the noise gets worse.

I wonder if it’s just the waterproof membrane over the microphone? It makes sense that if you block air from getting to the microphone it’s going to be more muffled. I see that there are other people with different audio issues in later cameras so I don’t know if that would be as effective.
Mine are mounted so I can’t get to them. Pretty sure they’re out of warranty now. Even when it was inside and the TV was running you couldn’t make anything out. What’s disappointing is the company not owning the issue or trying to resolve it.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m glad it’s just slight. I tried it in different locations and got the same thing. It was the 2nd bad one I got after returning the 1st one to Amazon. Wyze sent me a replacement (which works great) and told me to just recycle this one.

Is that waterproof membrane on the outside of the unit?

I don’t think there’s a membrane on the outside of the camera other than the protective plastic from shipping that you’re supposed to remove. There may be a membrane over the inside of mike and speaker holes to help add additional waterproofing, but I think that’s it for membranes. The rest of the waterproofing is done with silicon “o” ring gaskets.

1 Like

Well I submitted several logs and opened a support ticket or 5 (the support system is a bit more complex than it needs to be imho). I’m hoping they’ll offer to exchange them, but if not, I’m well within the refund period.

Well, calling Wyze at the 206 number may yeild results. It’s a very odd support system. I think I ended up opening 10 cases with their support via the various log files sent and calling in and emailing support. It’s like each time you talk to them, they just open a new case rather than proceeding with your open case.
I kept tryint to provide my case numbers to the support rep, and they would take the info, but then I’d get an email back with a new case number in a new thread. It’s kind of off-putting, but I sent them all the info they wanted, and hopefully they’ll send me some non-defective replacements.

This got me thinking, what if there’s a correlation in QC batches with issues, or MAC addresses. Would anybody with / without this issue be willing to share their device information. I could put together a google sheet of device information and maybe we could find patterns between good sound and poor sound and radio interference devices?