"No micro SD card detected" after cam turned off then on

I did a little research on that card ( i wasn’t familiar with it. ) My first guess was proven right as that is not an endurance rated card. in looking at reviews of that card I see it has a rather high failure rate with most people seeing the failure with it being used in dash cams.

with our cameras recording on and off multiple times throughout a 24 hour period the cards you use should be rated for high endurance. high endurance cards are made for high read write cycles and are the premier choice for electronics such as “security cams” and dash cams. now although our Wyze cams are not security cameras the constant read writes work similarly to dash cams and true security cameras.

I would throw an educated guess out that the sd card is now corrupted and more than likely wont work again. your best bet is to get another card, one that is endurance rated and go from there. luckily memory cards are fairly cheap these days.

there is a post on that topic that might help you a little bit with people discussing what did and didn’t work for them. hopefully that works for you. and if you want, add your experience to this post with the type of card so it adds to the collective knowledge for the community.

2 Likes