No micro sd card after 3/23/20 update

After the most recent 3/20 update all my cameras are reporting “no micro SD card” when all of them have cards and all were working previously. Anyone else seeing this issue?

3 Likes

No issue here. I just checked and saw my mailman drive up.

I had the same issue and would like to know how wyze recommends resolving this issue

2 Likes

Shortly after posting my question, all of my cameras seemed to resolve the issue on there own. One had gone 2-3 days saying “no micro card” and two that I updated today had immediately shown the “no micro card” message. However, about three hours later they ALL are now running properly and recognizing he card. So to kstavrum (or others with the issue) I’d recommend waiting a few hours to a few days and the issue may resolve. Otherwise, you might want to just try a power reset.

Can you please tell us which firmware version you are referring to? :slight_smile:

4.9.5.111. But for me, at least, this issue seems to have resolved itself. I do note, however, that my video live feed is now a good deal more “jerky” than before. I can’t say for sure this is directly related to the firmware update or something else going on with my cameras.

1 Like

Firmware 4.9.5.111

Best Regards

Kit

@kstavrum, did your issue resolve like @deweyl’s did? I actually experienced the same thing. If not, I would recommend trying two things.

• Reset the camera through the camera’s device settings page
  • Cycle power on the camera
1 Like

I did recycle the cameras twice and one finally recognized it’s sd card but the other did not.

Still working on it.

Best Regards

Kit

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Immediately after the firmware upgrade the SD card isn’t recognized.

I went through a full reset and also reformatted the card from my PC and nothing seems to help.

2 Likes

Only one of my 6 Pan’s did the same but it happened BEFORE the latest firmware update. I run 64GB cards (I know Wyze only officially supports 32GB) in ALL my Pan’s and have had no issues at all with the cards until now. After MANY troubleshooting steps, including deleting the camera, I found that after repeated Ejects and insertions, the issue simply disappeared! Strange!

One of my two cameras reported no micro sd, but it cleared up after I power cycled it.

I removed the SD card, then reformatted it using my computer, re-installed in camera - all good now.
It may be possible that it affects certain SD cards (as I thought the SD card was corrupted permanently) but resolved once I reformatted it using the PC.

1 Like

I had the same issue—after the recent update i got the “no sd card installed” status but within a short time the card was detected. Weird.

Yep, but this fixed it right away… Thx

I had the same problem. I just changed from “Continuous Recording” to “Record Events Only” , then back to Continuous.

1 Like

Great, I will try that next time if it happens again - Thx.

I had the same problem. I had only 1 cam with an SD card and I did the same, I wasn’t sure if the SD card failed but after reformatting, local storage of events worked fine.

I got the same issue with Wyze 32GB cards on my Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan. Tried all suggestions from related topics but none work!
Note that I was able to View Playback on these cameras just couple weeks ago. They are running with firmware 4.9.5.111 (cam v2) and 4.10.5.111 (cam pan)

1 Like

As a last resort, uninstall and re-install the app from your phone. You won’t have to rediscover the cameras. They’ll be there automatically.

1 Like