No LEAVE THE BETA PROGRAM link

There is no LEAVE THE BETA PROGRAM link as described here: Become a Beta Tester – Wyze

Ticket 56476

I was originally signed up under a Google G Suite account for my personal domain name. I had to get rid of that in order to reduce recurring monthly expenses. Too many paid Gmail accounts. The Beta app on my phone worked fine for about two weeks after dumping the G Suite account … then without warning tonight the Wyze app dumped all my devices. They all worked fine earlier today, but the last upgrade hosed me. I submitted a support ticket regarding being unable to reconfigure the Outdoor P.O.S. and base station because it is associated with an email address which is no longer hosted by Gmail. Great. Need Wyze to pull up the email addresses noted in Ticket 56476 and remove the old email from Beta program and leave the account opened today with Wyze on the Public app. Done with Beta nuisance. HEADS UP IF YOU USE MULTIPLE GMAIL ACCOUNTS ON YOUR PHONE, IF YOU DUMP THE ONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE WYZE ACCOUNT, YOU’RE SCREWED.

Note that Wyze is having an issue with devices disappearing. May not be related to your G Suite account.

2 Likes

Sorry about this issue @doug11!
Are your devices showing up now?

After creating a second account at Wyze.com under a different Gmail address, uninstalling the Beta app, installing the public Wyze app, and setting up all the devices except the theft proof outdoor camera, yes they’re working. Cameras appeared to retain motion detection settings but defaulted to HD mode from SD mode.

A camera that I’d installed a telephoto lens in may have to have the original lens put back in place in order to scan a QR code. I may fiddle with that later in the day and see if I can get lucky with the alignment between the camera and the phone.

You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

Wyze support responded, stating that I need to remove the outdoor camera from the app. The problem was no devices were showing up in the beta app, so there would be no way to remove it even if I still had the beta app on my phone. the caveat for other users of the outdoor camera would be if you ever switch email accounts you better make [Mod Edit] sure all your devices are listed in the app and you are able to remove the outdoor camera before removing an app. I can use the outdoor camera as a doorstop. Surely there’s a programmer on the staff somewhere that knows how to manually move a MAC address from one account to another.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

Can you log in with your old account on the production app?

1 Like

Doh!!?!?!? Success. I feel like a dummy. Yes I was able to log out of the public app and login using the credentials from the prior Beta app and remove the base station and outdoor camera, and log out of the public app and log in with the new credentials. Thanks.

2 Likes

It happens to the best of us. Glad to hear it worked for you.

@Brlepage Well done! :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.