No Event clips on 1 of 3 Wyze cameras

I have 3 Wyze cams and they all were working flawlessly. The other day, I noticed that one of them stopped recording events. Of course I didn’t notice until a day or so later. It still did a Live Feed but no 12-second clips. I’m thinking okay, here we go, another technology nightmare that I don’t have the skills or patience to fix. So I hit ‘Restart Device’ and suddenly it was recording events again. I thought, okay, *hit happens, maybe it’ll never happen again. Wrong … 5 days later, the same thing. Obviously, that’s not good. Bad camera? Wifi issues? Don’t think so, as I have 5 other cameras (2 Nest, 1 Ring, 2 other Wyze cameras) and they are all fine. Thank you for your support.

I had this happen on a camera just the other day after an update. I did the unplug for a couple of minutes and Ive been fine since. something about the hard power down fixed mine. by restarting the device through the app it still “has power” in order to start up. try a hard power down by unplugging it and see if that changes anything.

1 Like

I don’t want this to happen even once as I’m thinking it’s recording any outside happenings and it’s shut down. But I’ll unplug and reconnect. It happened twice now about four days apart. Interestingly, it’s not recording any clips but you can still do a live stream. Thanks for the response.

1 Like