No Alerts from All Devices

I have noticed detection being turned off on camera’s randomly. No idea why. But check and you might need to turn detection on again.

1 Like

I have looked at each camera’s detection setting. They are all set correctly. I have even tried turning it off and then on again.

2 Likes

I’ve had the same issue. It started on the day the new firmware was released. I’ve cut them off/on, cut notifications off/on on each device and my phone. I’ve also restarted my phone. I’m still not receiving them.

3 Likes

I am having the same issue. They were working fine last night.

2 Likes

Same issue. The problem for me started after the recent update and only for motion alerts on the cameras where i have Cam+. AI events are still alerting but motion events are not. I have verified all push notifications on cameras and accounts are all enabled. Looks like a bug from last update.

2 Likes

I am not getting any motion notifications from my outdoor wireless camera, for the past three days.

1 Like

This is a widespread issue at present. Properly labeled Person Detection and Alexa announcements are down for some/many.

2 Likes

Same issue here. In the app, I see all the events. But receiving zero notifications. I have (3) Pan cams and one outdoor cam. Very disconcerting for obvious security reasons.

2 Likes

Posted this in another thread but gonna paste it here too, since I’m having the same issues. It’s not just person detection but all motion notifications aren’t working for me.:

Adding my name to the list of people not getting any notifications of any kind for the past few days. I don’t have cam plus but I do have the person detection. Some events are still recording but I’ve not gotten any notifications for them for the past few days. I’m not sure if it’s tied to the latest firmware or not. Have 2 version 3s, one outdoor cam, and one v2. None of them are giving notifications of any kind. Checked all of my notification settings and restarted all the cameras and base station with no success. Seems like it has to be the back end.

4 Likes

Delete whats stored in your 14 day cloud storage unless there’s something specific u need/want to keep

What app version and platform are you on?

This is not one person having problems, read the forum! Notifications are not working for many people. Person detection (pilot) is not working for many people. Wyze has a problem that started on Friday!

3 Likes

Apple. App version 2.17.21

2 Likes

Having same issue. Started sometime yesterday.

Same issue for my three v2 cams. No notifications at all, and when I look in the app, it shows motion but person detection is not working. Started yesterday.

1 Like

Yep! To help narrow it down and find a cause, need more information from those that are experiencing the problem. It has been pushed up the ladder that an increasing number of folks are having issues, but needed info such as platform, app version and firmware version and any changes the user recently did if any will help find the cause.

The forum is mainly a user community, and the main contact for official support should be the Wyze Support group. I’d anyone does contact Support, posting their ticket number in here so it can be included in with the info that the Mavens/Mods send up will help greatly.

I’m also have this issue but on iOS from an iPhone.

I’ve played with all my settings and I’ve noticed that when I turn on sound monitoring I will get notifications.

I’ve noticed that when I turn both sound and motion section on, then turn them off under the notification section there is a ! That says “You will not receive these notifications until you enable event recording”. I click on the link to get to event recording and enable both. I get sound notifications but still no motion notifications.
Also to note is that keeps these notifications on permanently and once you turn them off you go back in to enabling recording. There is a backend issue with the app not working.

I’m also having this problem (sort of). It has something to do with the new sound detection. There’s currently a firmware update waiting but I don’t want them to get any worse therefore I decided to check out the forums. Mine will send me a notification for one but for sound only, no motion and person detection (at least the phrase/saying) is now gone. Says AI activity. So I am getting some notifications but only sound which I have turned off (in one section) but HAD TO TURN ON as it said that was why I wasn’t getting notifications.
My motion sensor just started to work again since December 2020 so I’m scared to do any updates as it always results in bad things. I can’t he,p but wonder if maybe the new firmware update will fix it? I just don’t want to be the Wyze Guiana pig. :joy:

So no notifications except for this new sound thing, no motion is being detected or sending out notifications unless it hears noise/sound.

Fingers crossed that they find a solution quickly.

Both iOS and android. I use multi platforms.
Last firmware was a week ago or less
Newest app (cool new features)
I should be grandfathered for PD
V2s and 1 Pan Cam

Off topic-love that you can see what you’re typing in forum now! I hated the old way where I couldn’t see what I was typing. Thank you! :pray:

Edited to add more information.

Same here I think it’s a app system problem, I factory reset a camera, Sam thing

Do you have a firmware update waiting for you to install? I just did one last week and it’s saying there’s a new one. Every time I do them they immediately cause problems, same with updating app.
Just wondering if maybe the fix is waiting for me in this firmware update but too chicken :poop: to install it just in case it makes things worse. :joy: