Nightvision

My night vision on my pan cam is horrible. How many ir lights are there?

Hello @vzndave, If I’m not mistaken the Wyze Cam Pan has 4 IR lights same as Wyze cam V2.

@Loki correct me if I’m wrong please.

There are six IR LEDs in a Pan. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @DreadPirateRush :call_me_hand:t5:

1 Like

Are the IR lights burning when you turn nightvision on? I have the same issue, no IR lights burning… I just hear a click when I turn nightvision on. I checked the experience of other people on youtube who bought the wyze cam pan and nightvision works very well on their cam.

@kenkey Unfortunately, this sounds like a faulty camera.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.

Thanks for the response. Yes, they go on. I counted 6. I will open a ticket with Wyze.

My apologies @vzndave, my response was to @kenkey, and I didn’t notice they weren’t the OP.

Now for your issue. Since your IR emitters are lighting up, what is the area and/or distance you are trying to illuminate? Because the Pan is intended for indoor use, the IR LEDs aren’t strong enough to illuminate a large area. If you are monitoring a large area, you may need supplemental IR lighting.

1 Like

No worries. Indoors. 12×15 living room

There have been some firmware issues floating around with IR LEDs not coming on. I would definitely get a support ticket going. There are two things you might try yourself if you’re up for it:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwj0aIjSUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiMi9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMTQ0NDA2OTItRmFjdG9yeS1yZXNldAY7B1Q6DnNlYXJjaF9pZEkiKTM5MDkyNTdkLWM4NGItNGQyZC1iZmQ1LTI4MmVhY2JiMjMwNQY7B0Y6CXJhbmtpBg%3D%3D--4d85594798550a67304e03097b1864e4350786a2

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwi34TzSUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiSi9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMDk0OTA4NzEtQ2FtZXJhLWZpcm13YXJlLWZsYXNoaW5nLWluc3RydWN0aW9ucwY7B1Q6DnNlYXJjaF9pZEkiKTQ0MWM1MjM5LWFhYzYtNGMxNC1iOTcyLWQ5ZDc0MWUzYTQyMQY7B0Y6CXJhbmtpBg%3D%3D--dfbd28fa94609385ba0cd2516814aae843cdc96c

1 Like

Thanks, they appear to be on. I can see them when I look thru my camera on my phone.

If they are on and the IR filter isn’t the problem, then this sounds like a replacement case.

1 Like

I tried a factory reset twice but it didn’t help, still no IR lights burning. I’ve made a support ticket, hope they will respond soon.

Captain Picard says, “there are FOUR lights!”

3 Likes

Lol. Rex