Nightmare setting up Wyze Vacuum on Wifi

You’ve done some great standard troubleshooting. I tried all of those for some devices (some with Wyze, and some with others) and still had problems, and was similarly frustrated to wits-end.

What kind of router are you using, and is it based on WRT firmware in any way (DD-WRT, Open-WRT, Gargoyle firmware, etc). Does your router have an option to disable the WMM (WiFi MultiMedia) option? If so, disable it. I was having an insane amount of trouble getting Wyze bulbs and Wyze Plugs to connect (though not 100% of the time) until I discovered this was causing the issue for me, and resolved it. I detailed some of my finding about this weird issue here:

That thread also has some suggestions others found to work (though they were dealing with bulb issues…but it seems to be very similar), though you have tried many of those suggestions. Since you have tried almost all the common things to resolve the issue (like I had tried), and it’s still not working, I am asking about your router because that’s what ended up being the culprit for me. I found it worked for some routers and not others.

Furthermore, I found sometimes I could do a loophole…activate it on a router that worked (using the same SSID/PW, etc then sometimes the devices would later connect to the main SSID I wanted them to after both were rebooted (though not always). If you don’t have other routers, you could try the following:

1. Disable your WiFi Router.
  2. Have one phone broadcast a WiFi Hotspot using the same SSID/PW as the main WiFi Router.
  3. Using another phone, connect to the hotspot, activate the Vacuum through the set up, once it is set up, turn off the hotspot, turn on the Router, and see if it will now connect.

Let me know if either of those end up being helpful They are things that have worked for me in the past to trick devices into working when other steps you listed didn’t pan out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes