I know I’m not alone with this post by searching this Forum and the internet. Prior to this, I have loved Wyze products and everything has been extremely easy to set up and use.
Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions that haven’t been mentioned so far to get the vacuum to connect? I have now spent 3 hours of my life troubleshooting a new product that should have been a very easy set up. It is extremely disappointing since I had very high expectations of another quality Wyze product.
Steps I have taken so far…
- Ensure Wifi is only broadcasting 2.4 GHz
- Restarted router
- Restarted phone
- Turned off phone Mobile Data
- Disabled auto-reconnect Wifi on phone
- Turned on Location Services for the Wyze app
- Ensured I was connected to the correct Wifi access point before starting Wyze app
- Ensured the WPA encryption key was correct
- When selecting the WVCR_XXXX Wifi access point, phone warns no internet access, and instruct phone to stay connected anyway
- Selected Forget WVCR_XXXX Wifi access point before starting the set up each time
Something that might help others further troubleshoot the problem… I noticed that after the Wyze app times out saying the vacuum could not connect, the two white lights on the buttons continue to flash white. The only way I’ve been able to get them out of this cycle is to press the power button to start vacuuming and then press the power button again to stop the vacuum from moving.