Night Vision Setting On Without LEDs On

Already did that. Didn’t help. Almost wonder if moving to beta and going back screwed everything up. Done full resets and nothing helps.

Did you submit a log from the camera via the app? If it is a pan cam, they are working on fixes.

I did on Friday but with their 5-7 business day turn around to respond, I’m not willing to wait for the fix. I’d rather just return it while I’m still in the return period. Honestly I don’t want a product that is still a work in progress.

was this removed from the most recent beta firmware for V2/pan? is my beta app bugged or us the setting been removed from Advanced settings?

It was removed in beta while the bugs are worked out. It will be back. If you need to turn back on LEDs on a camera that has them off, do a factory reset.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Night vision does not work

8 posts were split to a new topic: LEDs not working on Pan cam

I’d like to see invisible LED’s as well, don’t need an intruder seeing my camera and then stealing or destroying it.

The latest Wyze app has this feature now !! Remove tapes around the lens of a V2 placed behind window and turn on this feature. it is working great :grinning:

6 Likes

Great work Wyze! Turned off the onboard IR lights last night on four external cameras and didn’t have a single insect trigger a notification!

4 Likes

Yay! Happy to hear it, everyone! :smiley:

7 Likes

This feature is an excellent addition! Thank you folks.

1 Like

I’m going to call it the Bug-B-Gone switch!

5 Likes

Oooh! I like that name! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you Wyze Team!
The new feature to turn off infrared is AWSOME!!!

2 Likes

Very happy with this release! Keep up the good work! Thnx.

1 Like

Thank you, Wyze, for implementing this extremely useful feature for many of us who place cameras facing outside in windows. I’ve waited over a year for this super-useful feature and it’s amazing to finally have it.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

9 Likes

Now if only i could get the camera to stop switching back to color mode when the outside floodlights turn on… maybe a lock out on the ir cut filter engaging between 10 pm and 4 am? (or whatever times it’s actually dark in your area)

You can manually change night vision from auto to on or off. Unfortunately, there is no way currently to automate that using shortcuts. So you may want to hop over and vote for the topic linked below. Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top:

4 Likes

Very happy I can now use my cam behind glass without IR on. Good work!

1 Like