Night Vision Question

FYI, since the 6-month-old post that is being replied to, you can now turn on/off the camera’s IR LEDs in the app. No aluminum foil needed.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I haven’t bought one of these cameras yet, as I only just heard about them 3 days ago. I couldn’t find enough details on how they work, so that just answered one of many questions

I have a D-Link 2200 indoor camera that has the most frustrating software. So I’m looking for a replacement. It seems the Wyze software is moving too quickly to keep an updated walkthrough right up front on the shopping portal?

All my other cameras are box style outdoor units including some trail cams and even a WiFi Pi Zero with camera, doing timelapse

Really wish someone could explain how to add stills to a video file like what they’re doing at: www.day6outdoors.com - and, that ability would be awesome for the Wyze cams…

Many questions can be answered here: https://support.wyzecam.com/

i had my cam behind a glass window. i turned off night vision IR due to glare at night. Night mode @ auto. recording ok. it did not alert me when a UPS person came to my door. is that normal?

There are a few factors to take into account as to whether it is normal, was there a different motion it picked up before the delivery that would have put the delivery in the 5-minute cool down. How light was it outside and angle it was at, also what is your sensitivity set at?

1 Like

it was enough lite to see the guy came by. Was not complete darkness. i did not get an event is it due to IR off?

Skulls have nothing to do with the IR being off, but it might have been dark enough the cam could not differentiate enough to see a person. Did you get an event video not tagged as person?