Night Vision LEDs Not Bright Enough?

Here’s the specs on the IR LED emitters on the Pan. Keep in mind, if there’s nothing for the IR light to reflect off, it won’t seem as bright.

Night Vision 6 IR LEDs (940nm)
Illuminates up to 29.6 feet (9m)

2 Likes

I have the same issue with 3 of my 4 pan cams I ordered, while one is excellent in night vision. I have followed all suggestions I could find in the forums, but nothing has helped. The led intensity on the 3 cams is noticably dimmer when viewed thru my phone camera, how can this possibly be a firmware issue? I think it must be a hardware issue.

What are the distances and/or areas you are trying illuminate with those three cameras? Are they being used outdoors?

Indoors and 13 feet away. As I said, 1 of the 4 images is excellent with all 4 cameras sitting next to each other in identical positions, enviroment, firmware and settings. I don’t know other than LED intensity everything appears to be constant.

Do you have all the cameras side-by-side with the IR emitters turned on simultaneously? If so, try powering each camera on individually in the same spot while the others are unplugged.

I have tried both, with the single cam LEDs on the images are as described and do improve as LEDs are piggy backed from the other cameras, this is what makes me believe that it is a LED intensity issue ( hardware ) on 3 of the four camers. I have a ticket filed with attached images for the cameras.

I am not an employee of Wyze, just a volunteer mod and fellow customer. I do know support is a little backlogged, so it may take a little time for them to get to you.

Ok sorry, I wasn’t sure but I do appreciate the help. Do you know if the LED’s have variable intensity or are they strictly ON/OFF?

My understanding is that they are on/off. (Someone please correct me if that is wrong.)

If thats true, then it seems I have a issue with the LED’s not being equal intensity, 1 is noticable brighter and the image is excellent, the other 3 are dimmer to varing degrees and the image suffers. I tried swapping the power adapters and cords with the camera that functions well and no difference, so its not a power supply issue either.

I end up returning mine and getting a new one, teh new one works perfectly.

I too have replaced the 3 cams with the poor night vision and the new cams are all 100% consistant in night vision viewing. All 4 cams work great now. Thank you WYZE :relaxed:

1 Like

Thank you for updating us on this @jmg66. I found out just a bit ago the IR LEDs are supposed to have variable brightness. I’m glad you got your issue resolved. :slight_smile:

Thats interesting Dread, do you know how the camera determines the intensity required for any given lighting situation? Could this have possibly been fixed with a firmware correction on my 3 cameras that had issues?

I don’t have that info, but I’ll see if I can find out.

Don’t know if this will be of any help to anyone, but I noticed the very poor night vision on my Pan Cam using Android app version 2.4.82 (because of streaming speed issues) is significantly better if viewing through the ios app version 2.5.45.

Okay, I purchased and set up my cams during the summer, and did not notice any issues with light intensity at that time. I had to shelve the cams for a couple months or so, and when I installed them again to watch for a visitor to my garage, I noticed that the pan cam lights are significantly dimmer than the v2. Both cams are set up in my garage, You can see from images attached that my pan can only see well near the lighting of the other cam, while the nearby surfaces are dimly lit by the pan cam, but the corner of the door that is open near the pan cam is in total darkness.

Too late, I’m sure, for a replacement, and, as I said, I didn’t notice any issues back when I first installed these two cams. What happened? Seems a firmware issue to me. I don’t have access to the ios app to know if that helps. Any suggestions?

How do I access my images for the Wyze cams? I was going to include a pic, but I don’t see where to do that.

No images attached.
BUT

They are much dimmer to the Human eye than those of the V2

You should be able to look at the Album, (Live StreamAlbum)

1 Like

# Wyze Cam Features

1 Like

Same trouble here

Hi, i have 2 cam pans V2, but suddenly one stops working in night vision mode, i have tested before all things mentioned on the Troubleshooting guides and forums

• Power Cycle
  • Check if Night Vision is on
  • Repositioning the camera
  • Firmware Update
  • Etc

But still not working

i made this video showing in detail the tests
Wyze Pan Cam V2 Defective - No Night Vision - IR Not Working - bug - trouble - fail - YouTube

can you help me?
Thanks in advance.