My night vision will not turn off. I have it set to auto and I’ve reset the camera and also unplugged it and waited over a minute to plug it back in. I have to manually turn the nighty vision off during the day (if I remember). quite annoying… any suggestions or experiences with the same issues and how to fix?
Did you do a full reset to factory default?
I think there is some way to reset the camera to factory default by holding the setup button down for something like 10 seconds.
To perform a factory reset on your camera, follow the instructions below:
- If using an SD card with the camera, remove it before proceeding.
- Leave the unit plugged in and power on.
- Press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the unit for 10 seconds for Wyze Cam V2 and Wyze Cam Pan units and 20 seconds for Wyze Cam V1 units
- Allow at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize. In some rare instances, this process can take up to 5 minutes.
- The LED on the back should move from Solid Yellow to Blinking Yellow.
- The device is now ready to be setup once again.
You said “if I remember”, so does it turn off if you set the night vision to ‘off’ (thus proving control is possible)? Is the camera in a dimly lit area? Is it running firmware 22.214.171.124 (V2) or 126.96.36.199 (Pan)?
I have a V 2 camera in the Hall that never changes unless I turn the light on in the Hall