Night vision degrading

Amen to that!

3 Likes

+1 on all this, Multiple v2’s same issues

1 Like

+2 same issue since firmware upgrade.

Anyone willing to bet that it will never get fixed?

1 Like

What is the maximum number of months beyond which ‘never’ should reasonably apply? :wink:

Define ‘never.’  Anything over x months? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks to @Slabslayer for asserting this condition over at Fix-it-Fridays in August. :clap:

It lost - just barely - to “Plugs don’t do something or other” and hasn’t resurfaced on FiF since.

https://forums.wyze.com/tags/c/news/21/fix-it-friday

Maybe should be reasserted on 11/4? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, in my books never means when the donkeys grow wings and start to fly :rofl:

1 Like

Oh, that ‘never.’ :slight_smile:

Good thing you didn’t place a bet :wink:

1 Like

@SlabSlayer @habib @mark41212ga @macaroni8 @Known1 Thank you all for reporting this issue. Could you please direct message a few more details of each of your cases? Some snapshots and current IR settings with logs would be great. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The odds are shifting - place your bets! :grin:

sent logs 754479 @WyzeDesmond

1 Like

:money_mouth_face:

I have set up a side by side V3 test with identical settings for FW Versions 3.36.9.131, 3.36.9.139, and 3.36.10.2700.

Will post results when completed.

If anyone has FW versions 3.36.8.xx, I would love the opportunity to flash those in to compare the video quality.

Additional background can be acquired from all the threads and posts linked in the FIF post @peepeep provided above.

I am not certain the issue is isolated to only the Color Night Vision and the brightness of the image provided by the starlight sensor. I feel like all recorded video has suffered at the hands of firmware updates wringing out every last drop of video compression to reduce server file size and transmit speed. The proliferation of digital artifacts in the videos today is current evidence of this. I believe all video quality has suffered greatly and it is quite noticable.

2 Likes

I have all three. How do you want to proceed?

I totally agree. However, what I don’t understand is why the live feed video over local network and uSD recordings have degraded as well?

I can only speculate that it is because it is using the same video compression routine on the cams themselves before it is saved to the SD, transmitted to the cloud, or streamed to the player. No idea how the Firmware Minions in the cam accomplish it. I just know you can make a great video look like crap by running it thru a file compressor and fiddling with the frame rate, quality, resolution, bitrate, etc. If the Firmware Minions in the cam have been told by Wyze Gru to value quantity (or lack thereof in this case) over quality, Mel is probably pushing the crew for a production bonus.

Will this do?

4 Likes

2 Likes

That is exactly what I don’t understand. You would think to accomplish that you’d need a powerful processing, something more sophisticated than a tiny camera chip :thinking: