Newley purchased v3 camera thinks 4.36.3.19 is latest firmware

I just bought another v3 for my house from Home Depot. The firmware was out of date when I installed it which isn’t a surprise, but then It only upgraded to 4.36.3.19 and now says it’s “up to date”. All my others are on 4.36.9.139. Is the only solution to download and use an SD Card to get it more up to date ?

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to flash the firmware. It may need to step through a couple of FW versions to get to where it needs to be.

Have you tried doing a power cycle on the V3 and checking the FW update again?

Another option is the clear the app cache, log out, force stop app, then log back in to force the app to load up to new date info from the servers.

1 Like

I am having the same issue as you and posted my firmware problem screenshots in a forum post just a few mins earlier than you today.

1 Like

Hi, we did find a small issue that block it. Now it is fixed and please see if your new v3 can be upgraded to 9.139 firmware. Thanks!

6 Likes

Thanks for the quick action and response Desmond!

3 Likes

Thank you Desmond !! That seems to have done the trick.

4 Likes

Is there a solution for this these days? I have four cameras that I just bought that are like this. Others are on the more recent firmware, but I have four on the same version of this post.

I’ve tried power cycling them quite a few times at this point.

1 Like

Hi Risshuu, what firmware versions you currently have for your cameras?

1 Like

1 Like

it looks like I may have two stuck on 4.36.6.39 as well

1 Like

And on these four cameras you do not see pop out to ask you upgrade?

1 Like

I do not. I upgraded them twice to the version they are on right now. I have tried power cycling them a few times and i haven’t seen any way to update through firmware update or even just going to the cameras.

1 Like

So two cameras are on 4.36.3.19 and two are on 4.36.6.39 right?

1 Like

Four cameras are on 4.36.3.19 and two are on 4.36.6.39.

1 Like

Could you please help me submit one device log for each camera? Are you currently in any beta program?

1 Like

No beta programs. How do I submit the log / what do I select?

1 Like

Looks like I see the update for all of them now. Just trying that for now. We’ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

Yes we just made one update on our end. Thanks for letting us know this.

2 Likes

Looks like they are all up-to-date. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue with 4 of my cameras i recently purchased from home depot. I just submitted a device log for each of my cameras.